Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Silver laced and Gold or Buff laced Wyandottes?

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

The last one is recessive white, could be buff or silver, you wouldnt know.

They are indeed buff laced. The black laced is the genetic outcome expected as well. Notice how it isnt a really dark black.... seems this gets lost anytime it isnt selected for, either in blue or buff laced.

I just want to point out that you have to be careful of the leg feathering...... it is a major fault.

Raf

See www.bluelacedgold.wordpress.com for details

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Thanks. Although as I said I don't show, since I've got six buff laced pullets I'm going to have to sell some and I was wondering how to decide which to keep when the time comes. I was planning to wait until they were nearly POL and look at their lacing. I'll look out for those with no leg feathers as well as good lacing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 am 

This has been so helpful, thank you. I bought a GLW roo who was supposed to be blue, but his black is so green it's blinding! But he is definitely from blue breeders. Yesterday I got a beautiful blue laced red roo and I brought home a buff white lace splash. There's a lot of splash! However, I'm going to go and double check the lacing really is white, now that I have seen the picture of the beautiful 'curvy' girl. I also bought a SLW roo with a blue laced silver hen. They all came from the same breeder.
My SLW hens are all regular SLW, from regular SLW breeding. My golds are a mix of straight GLW and SLW roo over GLW hens. I only have 4 hens of each colour, thanks to my old working dog deciding that she's retired and no longer chasing off the hawks!
So many options!
Anyone want to make some suggestions? There's some fun to be had here but my head is in overload! I'm also trying to figure out how to lighten by very dark blue Orpingtons!!
:nuts :aaargh: :help: