Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - For D.Swayne regarding "the little English match cock"

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

pegawl wrote:
(1) Why is it Eddie when you are wrong you dismiss things in a casual off handed way such as you have done with the gaffs? Your ignorance almost matches your arrogance in this respect . The Nell Gwyn Gaffs are real and are apart of a very famous collection . If you paid attention to the present you would learn alot more about the past .
(2)even though we have moved threads your topic was the tegetmeir print AND the gaffs it was pictured in .
(3) C.F &G.F was published after Atkinson's death in 1936 , The Victorian era ended quite some time previous .
(4)You quote Alkin as 1740 to 1770 , yet claim him as the artist of a print supposedly dated to 1730 . I'd suggest to you to think about that for awhile.

And finally I will directly ask you this question AGAIN , are you the owner of the Spanish cock that you posted ?
Why do you care who ownes to bird in the pic ??

Regarding the King Charles 11 gaffs .... I am just applying the same logic to them, that you have to the print of the White cock. Who made the gaffs ? Is there any docuemented historical record of them being connected to the King of England ?

It was Herbert Atkinson that mentioned Alkin about 1740 to 1770. The painting is listed in the books as being about 1730 & circa 1730.

C.F & G.F were born & raised in the Victorian era.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 am 
Terrier-Man wrote:
pegawl wrote:
(1) Why is it Eddie when you are wrong you dismiss things in a casual off handed way such as you have done with the gaffs? Your ignorance almost matches your arrogance in this respect . The Nell Gwyn Gaffs are real and are apart of a very famous collection . If you paid attention to the present you would learn alot more about the past .
(2)even though we have moved threads your topic was the tegetmeir print AND the gaffs it was pictured in .
(3) C.F &G.F was published after Atkinson's death in 1936 , The Victorian era ended quite some time previous .
(4)You quote Alkin as 1740 to 1770 , yet claim him as the artist of a print supposedly dated to 1730 . I'd suggest to you to think about that for awhile.

And finally I will directly ask you this question AGAIN , are you the owner of the Spanish cock that you posted ?

Regarding the King Charles 11 gaffs .... I am just applying the same logic to them, that you have to the print of the White cock. Who made the gaffs ? Is there any docuemented historical record of them being connected to the King of England ?

It was Herbert Atkinson that mentioned Alkin about 1740 to 1770. The painting is listed in the books as being about 1730 & circa 1730.

Eddie the editor your at it again ,

Regarding the King Charles 11 gaffs .... I am just applying the same logic to them, that you have to the print of the White cock. Who made the gaffs ? There should be a docuemented historical record of them being connected to the King of England ? What fameous colection are they belong to now ? Also what happened to the alleged Roman spurs that John Harris found ? Who has them ?

It was Herbert Atkinson that mentioned Alkin 1740 to 1770. The painting is listed in the books as being about 1730 & circa 1730.

A is made of the print of the White cock being to "crisp" for the 18th century, but the print is 19th century, spose to have been taken from a painting ?

If this is fake then what else is fake ? The Victorians in general, were notorious for fakeing archaeology & archaeological artifacts.

I had cut and pasted your original post (above) friday night so that I could answer in my own time as work has been hectic , but my reply has been so changed because you continue to edit after you post your replies that it became senseless and at times non applicable . A friend told me that on another site you have gone back years after your original posts and changed everything , even the history of your supposed involvement with the fowl and the type of chickens you keep . This guy IS a game fowl keeper in the UK and his word I trust and respect .
I have met gypsies that it was easier to get a answer from than you Eddie , didnt your mother ever teach you that its rude to answer a question with a question ? By your inability to directly answer any question that is asked of you only reinforces my belief that you live your life in books and these are you ONLY experiences with chickens. You twist and turn everything around ..... I will bid you good day Eddie , I am tired of our senseless conversations that go no were other than to frustrate me . But in leaving I will answer your question as to why I asked if the photo you posted was one of your fowls .....Because , I know that if I had bred it , I WOULD HAVE quickly claimed it as mine as it was such a beautiful fowl .