Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Genotypes and Gene Tables

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Moderated Message:
As requested, I have brought this here from the other forum. I know some of it needs editing so note that for us and updates, additions or changes can be made.

This is to be a table of poultry genes and genotypes for reference. If anybody wishes to have the ability to add to or edit the table, just let me know and I will pm you the link and the password to the excel sheet.

... and Waterfowl, thanks to Redback!

Thank You!: The above table of data related to chicken genotypes has been compiled with reference to posts on various poultry forums such as backyardpoultry.com and classroom@thecoop. Information has been drawn from contributions from a range of members but particular acknowledgement should be given to Blackdotte, KazJaps, Htul, Poultch, Wieslaw, Henk69 & Ruff from BYP. The book 'Genetics of Chicken Colours' by Sigrid Van Dort & David Hancox, together with other significant poultry genetics publications have been used as sources also. The majority of this information was collated by markjohnconley, to whom we are extremely grateful. Thanks also to nostress who has put in a great deal of time and effort compiling the data on waterfowl genetics.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi Cathy Newton.

you gay s done a fabilous job. thank you .

I ll love to rectify the genome of the marans chooks you have listed .Brown Red ( black copper ) Silver cuckoo. Wheaten and the Blue wheaten and I want to add more all the marans varieties.

cheers.

Jose

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:26 am 
Golden Kingfisher
Golden Kingfisher

Very cool. Thanks to all who've shared their knowledge and time!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:49 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

jose wrote:
Hi Cathy Newton.

you gay s done a fabilous job. thank you .

I ll love to rectify the genome of the marans chooks you have listed .Brown Red ( black copper ) Silver cuckoo. Wheaten and the Blue wheaten and I want to add more all the marans varieties.

cheers.

Jose

Thanks Jose. Just post your corrections here and we can get the table changed. It's a jointly created sheet and we'd appreciate any improvements.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:31 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Good Day Cathy.
here the genomes of the marans varieties. the ER family ;

Black copper ( Brown Red ) ER/ER, s+/s+, Mh/Mh, MI/MI, W/W, Id/Id, Pti1/Pti1 for the Coq and ER/ER, s+/-, Mh/Mh, MI/MI, Id/-, W/W, Pti1,Pti1.
Birchen ; ER/ER, S/S, MI/MI.W/W, Id/Id, Pti1/Pti1 Coq . the hen ;ER/ER, S/- MI/MI, W/W, Id/- , Pti1/Pti1 .
Blue copper; ER/ER, s+/s+, Mh/Mh, MI/MI, BI/bl+ , W/W ,Id/Id , Pti1/Pti1 Coq . Er/ER,s+/- , Mh/Mh , MI/MI , BI/bI+, W/W , Id/-, Pti1/Pti1
Splash copper similar to the Blue copper with an additional bleaching gene BI/BI.
Silver Cuckoo; ER/ER, S/S, B/B ,MI/MI , W/W , Id/Id , Pti1/Pti1.Coq. ER/ER, S/- , B/- , MI/MI , W/W, Id/- , Pti1/Pti1 for the hen.
Golden Cuckoo ; ER/ER, s+/s+, B/B, Mh/Mh, MI/MI , W/W, Id/Id, Pti1/Pti1 Coq. ER/Er, s+/- B/-, Mh/Mh,MI/MI W/W, Id/-, Pti1/Pti1

this information has been sent to me by the french Maran Club . MCF.
I ll send the rest when I receive them.

Cheers .
Jose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:43 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Sorry Cathy I forget the Blue Birchen ; ER/ER, S/S, BI/bI+, MI/MI ,W/W, Id/Id, Pti1/Pti1 Coq. ER/ER, S/-, BI/bI+, MI/MI, W/W, Id/- Pti1/Pti1 for the hen

cheers .
Jose