Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Plant and Seed Swap

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plant and Seed Swap
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I live in Queensland and am after a few key lime/common lime seeds or if possible a fresh fruit of one as they seeds do not like to be dried out. Please message me if you have some available to send.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 pm 
Superior Bird
Superior Bird

Hi folks - this is what I have to hand at the mo....will check other packets over the weekend...

Sunflower - Yellow Empress
Zucchini - Biance de Trieste
Chook fodder (and a green mulch!) being Alfalfa, White Millet and Buckwheat.
Mustard green seeds - great for green mulch!

Am keen for marigold seeds if anyone has and any white flowers or green ground cover type things. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:08 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

ChookWhisperer wrote:
Hi folks - this is what I have to hand at the mo....will check other packets over the weekend...

Am keen for marigold seeds if anyone has and any white flowers or green ground cover type things. :)

I have marigold flowers, the non edible variety... here is a pretty crappy photo of them :oops:

If you want some seeds PM me your address and I will post them as soon as I get a chance, I was also given some seeds recently for some edible variety which I could give you a few.

http://brisbanelocalfood.ning.com/photo ... ntext=user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 pm 
Superior Bird
Superior Bird

Thanks Donna. Photo looks great btw - pretty good crops there!. Will post my additional seeds pronto as maybe i can send you something too?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:30 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Ive got some queensland blue pumkin seeds and also jack'O'lantern pumpkin seeds (brought pumkin just to get seeds and got more then I need).
Sally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am 
Wise One
Wise One

I've got a few extra Kale seeds (mostly Red Russian) plus Dill seeds and Parsley seeds (mostly flatleaf Italian parsley, but may have some curly leaf in there too)...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Hi
I've got some Columbine seeds to offer, some double pink, single pink and white, and whites that may have cross pollinated. Can PM me if you want to swap with vegie seeds or similar flowers (please nothing too spreading).

Thanks Cass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi,

I've got fresh dill and parsley (mix of flat and curly leaf) seeds. Also some loose leaf lettuce, its a bit of a hybrid from my backyard, grows quite well and is definately edible.

Cheers
Naomi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:56 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Hello,

Well I started digging the Jerusalem Artichokes up tonight.. and I now have more than I will ever want to eat or replant!

So I am offering them to swap, for other garden or chookie stuff. Doesn't matter what; bulbs, berry canes or runners, rose cuttings etc. I probably have enough veg seeds here to keep a small country going, so don't need any of those, unless they are unusual (i.e not available from Diggers!)

Or I will PM you my address and you can post me a self addressed stamped satchel, and I will just send you some if you don't have anything to swap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi there,
Would anyone have any comfrey seeds to share or swap?
Finding them a bit hard to track down!
thanks,
Liz
(Sydney)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:11 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

I have some mixed Balsam seeds to giveaway or swap, if anyone is interested. Most will be pale pink singles (since that's what I've labeled the bag as) but there may be a few oranges, reds, varigateds, purples etc. that have slipped in. Our birds seem to go mad for the flowers when they are out freeranging.

Our balsams seem to be very hardy, and selfseed when they die off each season, so once you've planted a few they usually take care of themselves. All they need is a bit of sun (they grown best in full sun or part shade, but we'd had a few crop up in full shade areas too), and a bit of water everynow and then. The only downside is taht they can be a tad invasive - we moved our plants from one bed to another, and we still get the odd balsam popping up in the old bed, lol!

Example of what a Balsam plant looks like.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:39 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Will definitly have a couple of varieties of lettuce a bit later in the season (cos, looseleaf; red iceburg, etc); as well as 5 colour silverbeet; spinach. Will likely have some heirloom varieties of tomatoes; as well. Later on will be able to provide iris (purple/white) rhizomes and marionberry and raspberry cuttings.

My wishlist is rhubarb crowns; corn (extra sweet or popcorn varieties); comfry; lucerne; or flower bulbs (ie.; tulips; daffodiles; bearded iris, etc. etc.).
I also would consider swapping for appleyard duck eggs (!); muscovy duck eggs; turkey eggs (!), guinea fowl eggs; brown leghorn eggs (!).
I also have guinea fowl; light sussex, and appleyard eggs that will be available a bit later in the season.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:54 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi Begali, I can help with corn and comfrey root cuttings, please PM me your address. I would love some 5 colour silverbeet and the red iceberg and cos lettuce seeds when they become available.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I have a few types of pelargonium that grow easily from cuttings.
ImageImage
I even have some dark purple rooted cuttings from last year in pots (some of them are flowering), or can easily take more cuttings.
I also have a range of canna lilies in scarlet, bright orange, yellow, speckled yellow (called Cleopatra) and even a salmon pink one.

These things are all taking over my front garden (i gave 'em too much dynamic lifter). I'll be having a hard prune of the pelargoniums some time soon before they succeed in their bid for world domination. The cannas need thinning out too.

Happy to give away or to swap for anything I don't have that you might have too much of, garden- or chook-wise!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:01 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

hla, I would love some of those dark purple pelargoniums, the colour is gorgeous. I don't really have anything to swap as my garden is only new. If these are still available, could please let me know what you would need to send me some cuttings??

Snowie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next