Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Judging Exhibition Poultry

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:03 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

In 2011 I wrote a booklet called “Guidelines for Poultry Judges & Stewards” and it was distributed to every club secretary throughout Queensland.

It was offered initially for sale to poultry clubs, judges, potential judges and stewards and it was so well received, by my fellow judges, that sold it out within a couple of months.

To my knowledge there has been no specific book, booklet or paper on “Judging Exhibition Poultry” anywhere in Australia, as comprehensive on the subject, until I wrote that first edition in 2011, to address this shortfall.

Sure, there are minor references to judging in some books and the old ‘’Poultry” newspapers from the 1920’s to 1960’s, but nothing exclusively collated.

In the past three years many individuals, another state organisation and various poultry clubs, have asked me if they could procure copies of my original compilation. Rather than re-issue the old version I decided to revamp it with a few valuable and educational additions.

Therefore I am offering you an opportunity to purchase the second edition of the original booklet that I initially produced in 2011.

Not all of the work within this little booklet is mine as I have sought out some the past great judges and poultrymen and have asked those still with us today for their permission to use their well-chosen words.

The cost of the this new booklet, which is 28 x A4 pages, “Judging Exhibition Poultry” is just $7.00 which includes postage anywhere in Australia.

As you can see by the minor price of the booklet that this certainly isn’t a money making exercise on my behalf - it’s just a bit of pocket change. However it is an educational tool providing a revisionary outlet for current judges, those who think they wish to judge in the future, and for those exhibitors who can grasp a better understanding of how judges approach their craft.

I have also refurbished another of my little booklets which is called “Incubation & Health of Chickens” and hundreds of them have been sold throughout Australia and overseas.

This is the booklet that I have available, for sale, when we do the Winning Edge Poultry Seminars. You can check the seminars out at http://www.winningedgepoultry.com.au

It’s full of invaluable incubation tips, charts to make life easier and my personal routine that works on my own fowls.

The cost of the this new booklet, which is 20 x A4 pages, “Incubation & Health of Chickens” is just $5.00 which includes postage anywhere in Australia.

If you wanted to combine the order with one of each booklet, that save you a couple of dollars and are just $10.00 for the pair which includes postage anywhere in Australia.

An order form is below in jpeg format for your consideration, to copy and pass on.

Kind regards,

Ross Summerell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:53 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

It looks like there will be two 'second editions' of the same text published this year, unless I'm mistaking the situation.

I expect they will be different in some ways after revisions have taken place. :-D

Best of luck with the sales & the upcoming seminar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:27 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

Ross, can you fit a couple into the suit case at Sydney Royal time?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:01 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

David Geering wrote:
Ross, can you fit a couple into the suit case at Sydney Royal time?

Yes, David, sure can.
They'll be available also at the Seminar on Saturday 12th April, and the way they are going I'll have to get some more printed up.