Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Muscovy Pictures - From tassie!

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:43 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Hope these dont show up as links as i know there annoying, but heres is Hopefully Photos of each of my Muscovys!
20 birds in total and mum says i have to many! I dont think so lol

Here we go, We start with the Drakes first:

Some of you may remember this boy when i put pictures of him up just after i got him, Hes from meat stock

Blue & White drake from Dr Harry Cooper (My purchase at Longford Auction) Has Lavander in his breeding

Blue & White Drake Purchased from Ranelagh sale in Huonville tasmania, Paired with below Blue/Lavander duck at time of Purchase

I think this boy is a Bronze & white?

Pair of Whites, Were used by my uncle to breed his meat birds
Ducks:

Black & White Duck from Dr Harry Cooper (Duck paired to above Drake at Longford) Would be in my opinion my best Female in terms of Size

Above is a Black & White duck i rescued about 3 months ago from Brighton in tasmania, She was living on the river with a few other muscovys and ducks but this poor girl was in shocking condition.

White Muscovy Duck - Bought this girl along with 2 other white females from a couple on a farm whos son bought alot of Show birds then never did anything with them.

I think this bird is lavander? I have 2 others the same as this all sisters, Or is she a silver? She does look blue in the pic but dosent look like my Blue and Whites? Opinions please

Black & white (Has a lot of chocolate coloured fethers comming through this moult shes 2yrs old, this bird and her sister are the last decendants of my original pair of Mussies

Black & White duck (Same place as White Duck)

This is maggie, She belonged to a friends mother who then sold her onto me, I then passed her on and regretted it since they day i let her go, 2 years later i received an email to say if i wanted her to take her because she was a tad naughty with removing Roosters tail feathers, So shes back to stay for good this time!
Im going to Continue to load pictures of the other birds up through out the day as my Pc is that slow, Please give me your opinions on there Show prospects and who you think should be bred with what, as at the moment i have all 20 running together,
Cheers

Last edited by taspekins on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm 
Great Game
Great Game

Some ripper mussies Taspekins :) not sure the last Muscovy is lavender and she is definitely not silver sorry. she looks blue to me going on the dark head that blues have. you'll get some nice birds from these. great work :P

Regards David

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:43 pm 
Wise Wyandotte
Wise Wyandotte

Agree with David. Some nice birds, but no lavender in there.

Goodluck in your breeding

Honk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:12 pm 
Superior Bird
Superior Bird

What a great menagerie you have there taspekins, and I do believe you have the mussie bug really bad :lol: Still, I won't hold that against you :P Some ripper colours you have too :D Don't know how old your pics are but some of your birds are well into the moult while others aren't (isn't it always the mussie way). There are a few that wouldn't look out of place in the online mussie show if you were interested. Whatever way you ultimately decide to match them up, one thing is for sure, you are going to have a mussie explosion of mind-boggling proportions this coming season, with many wonderful and exciting colours to boot.

Have really enjoyed your fabulous pics :P 8)

Regards :)

rollyard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Hey guys,
All the photos were taken today while i was supposed to be baby sitting lol, Still plenty more pictures to upload of my other birds,

Well then My lavander drake comming from Harry cooper will add yet another colour to my flock, Anyone want to spare some Barred's? lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:43 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Nice mussie taspekin, lots of interesting colours :) I think your lavender is a blue which is a lovely colour. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:45 pm 
Great Game
Great Game

Hey taspekins any more pics of your other 8 mussies :D

Regards David

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:23 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Unfortunatley i lost the White drake pictured with his female, Found him dead in his pen the otherday, Was perfectly healthy (Weighed a ton) and also lost the Drake pictured from Dr harry (He decided to fly out of the yard after i locked them in and a Devil found him, But otherwise everything else is doing alright,

More pictures to add soon!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:24 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Ok i have a job for you guys :D Who should i put with who? New breeding pens are going in this week and ill be seperating them all out,

Besides the birds in the pics i have my trio of Lavander Muscovys & a White female (Smaller) and a Coffe coloured (latte) with silver tail female,
So who gets to spend the breeding season with who? lol