Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Last seasons sebastopols (photo heavy)

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 pm 
Clever Cockerel
Clever Cockerel

I thought I would share some pictures of my last seasons sebastopols, all in all pretty happy with the first go, need to diversify my bloodline now.

this is the boy (I think) he was straight feathered but now is getting some curl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Just gorgeous.

Lockit
xo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Oooor they are looking good Frawley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 pm 
Flock Master
Flock Master

one of mine has a devil of a time getting out of the tubs I use for their splashing aorund in. Earlier this week, I saw her in there, she was soaked thru, she did not look well, she couldnt walk, I bought her in, and towel dried her and cuddled her and she looked like death itself. I felt SOOOOO bad for her. Ive since put a couple of pavers at the bottom of the bathtubs for a leg up. She was right as rain later in the day but she seems to have developed a healthy respect of water.

I find mines' feathers often break, is that typical of sebs? Do their feathers get as much oil and water proofing as the regular geese?

Be good if they had a bit more strength , hard for them I guess with all that fluff and bother going on arond them, but hey, arent they just gorgeous! Nice natured also.

Yours are very cute, wish I was more well off at the moment...truly do. Time for MORE LOTTO!! Maybe i could sell a kidney, I dont drink, only take prescription medication, they should work pretty good! :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

They are all Gorgeous Frawley. Seeing them makes me miss a gander I once had even more. I still have one of his feathers that I took just before he was rehomed to a farm. They are my favorite breed of goose- and will be on the top of my list for animals to acquire when I am lucky enough to have a few acres.

I love the little patch of dark feathers on the back of ones neck. I wonder if predators would mistake something like that for an eye. It would be some handy protection if they did. Hope it would never be needed though of course....