Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - New Online Poultry Auction site!!

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm 

Thankyou everyone, i'm sure it will get a lot of support, the site is now up and running, we had a few teething problems with registration emails not being sent, but that is now fixed, and the site is now live and ready for use.
I'll be updating the contact us page and the about us pages today with the new details, but apart from that and a little tweaking of the privacy policy, the site is ready for people to use.
I hope to see all of you there, and thankyou to the people who will support this exciting new venture. :)
I hope everyone has a great weekend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Ive just listed some eggs on there if anyones interested :)

There comes a time in life when you must walk away from all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus on the good

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Oooooo, great idea. I joined up!! Hope to see it take off...
Christine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:59 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I think its a great idea, the original concept of ChookNet was to include auctions, but for the past year or so I have been continuing my research and what has put me off doing the auctions so far was how to control the risk of hoax auction items and people being ripped off by bogus auction items. Ebay and other auction sites are not immune from these scams. Many people have been ripped off. http://www.scamdex.com/Auctions-index.php

Because I would hate to be held liable somehow if someone was ripped off and I was taken to court for not doing something to prevent it. I know you can capture IP addresses of the user who posts the ad, but then they could easily post their ad from an internet cafe and remain anonymous.

The only way really to avoid hoaxes and scams becoming a problem is to educate the website users on how to recognise hoax ads.

Hey Luv4ducks, just a bit of advice, you should have a warning page on your site explaining how to recognise hoaxes and scams, so that you don't get held liable by someone if they get ripped off and take you to court. At least then you can say you did everything to warn people of the dangers of internet shopping and they failed to make their own good judgement so it wasnt your fault. I know there is a terms and conditions page, but you need to have a page specifically targeted at how to recognise hoax ads. I am not sure how a judge would see that, but at least it would help.

So because of the hoax issue I am still not sure if ChookNet will ever have auctions.

PS i know there have been hoax ads on ChookNet already, but they seem to be more prevalent on auction sites where they can hide more easily.

I have put a set of my ChookNet fridge magnets for auction on there, we'll see what happens someone might get a bargain!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:07 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Looks like a good idea to me and I will support the site. After Euroa is over on the 30th I will put up some sale items.

Just as an idea maybe you should get Scooter and David Hartwig to advertise on the site (free of course) so potential buyers have a contact for transport of live birds.

Good Luck and congratulations on your initiative. :thumbs:

As far as being the "best" why not claim it? to me thats straight from the "marketing 101" training handbook, :rofl: well done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:32 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

I went through the registration procedure and then got this message:

The email domain you have submitted is not allowed for registration (yahoo.com)

So I've changed my mind and won't bother with it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

i too had that problem with my hotmail address

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:08 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

,aybe they dont accept free email addresses, i have had that issue a few times before.... :?:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 pm 

jayborox wrote:
,aybe they dont accept free email addresses, i have had that issue a few times before.... :?:

Your exactly right, as mentioned earlier, there is a risk of hoax items being posted, even big site's like ebay aren't immune, I have even been stung myself on ebay.
Statistically, there is a higher volume of internet fraud commited with free email adreses, like everything it's always the minority that ruins it for the genuine and honest people, but I have implemented it as a way to force people to identify themselves properly, it won't make it fool proof, but it will hopefully limit the amount of scammers that try and access this site.
I've sought extensive legal advice about liability, and this is the best way to try and keep the site safe from scammers.
I'm still doing research on other ways to prevent scammers, like using a verification system, and were also looking at an sworn affadavit sytem to get identity verified by an authrorised public servant etc, and we'll be implementing this system over the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions about this site, please contact me to discuss further.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 pm 
Flock Master
Flock Master

I have signed up on the site, but went to list some Modern Game in the Auction but they are not listed. So wont be using now.

Australian Game Bantams in Blackred and Pile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Im sure Brendon would be happy to add any categories that you need :)

There comes a time in life when you must walk away from all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus on the good

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Did you guys see the blue bantam Wyandotte eggs that went for $65.00 ? That was great for the seller.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:17 pm 
Club Official

If you have issues with the site let them know, Its only new and they do need our feedback. I have told them things they have overlooked and have fixed it up. If you have a hotmail / yahoo / gmail or any other free email just ask if they can create an account for you, that way they know your not a spammer. I asked Andy if he could create one for me using my hotmail account which he happily did. You dont know until you ask.

www.juneepoultryclub.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 am 
Great Game
Great Game

it all looks good i just registered and will use the site when there is something on that i want
or i have something to sell cheers on a great idea and as a poultry exhibitor i hope other exhibitors use it as well to sell show birds dont worry about knockers as there is bound to be teething problems regards col

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 pm 
Great Game
Great Game

Hi all.
i wonted to sign up but you have to be at leest 18 :cry: and i'm only 13.

cheers youri.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next