Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - New Website - Brahma Club and Cochin Breeders Group of Aust.

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi all,

Please check out the new Brahma Club of Australia and Cochin Breeders Group of Australia Website by following the link below.

http://brahmacochin.webs.com/

Please take the time to look around. If your a Brahma or Cochin Breeder or just interested in the breeds why not become a member of the site (it's very easy) and stay in contact with like minded fanciers. At the moment the website is unofficial but we plan on making it official at the AGM in a couple of weeks. The website has the latest news on what is happening in the club (events).

You can download a membership form for the Brahma club and Cochin group or find details for contacting our club secretary. Details of the Annual Brahma Show including location, accommodation, classes, awards and medallions are on the site. I will add the details of the Cochin show which is held in conjunction with the Brahma Club Show in the next few days.

The Australian Standards of Perfection for both Brahma and Cochin are available on the site and soon we will have a representative photo of every recognised colour and colour in development posted below the description of each colour. There is also a breeders directory for getting in contact with Brahma and Cochin breeders.

If you have information to add to the site please don't hesitate to contact me via the website. I have created a wiki on the history of asiatic poultry and the brahma and cochin breeds and would love website members to help add and update the information.

It would be great if you become a member of the site and join our small, dedicated group of fanciers in helping to develop and promote these majestic breeds. You do not need to be a member of the Brahma Club or Cochin Group to be a member of the website.

If you have photos or videos you would like to share please post them on the site.

If you would like your name added as a breeder please contact me via the website with your details and breeds kept and I will add you to the list on the website. Note: you don't have to only breed Cochins or Brahma, I'll add all of your breeds kept for you.

If you like the site please sign our guestbook and provide us with some feedback or if you would like anything added to the site or changed please contact me via the website.

The website is still in development so a few sections need more work but they will be rectified in the coming weeks.

Luke.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:15 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

We now have 10 members! :woot: :thanks:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:50 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Update - the 2010 Brahma and Cochin National Show details have now been updated. Please check the site for show info, including; Brahma and cochin classes, awards and accommodation. Several additional breeders have now been added to the Breeders directory. Stay tuned for more updates.

Cheers,

Luke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Update - the links section of the website has now been updated. If your looking for websites in Aus and OS with information and photos of Brahma and Cochin, Poultry genetics, forums, facebook groups, Aust. breeders etc you will find the links page an easy starting point to begin searching. I'll continue to update the links page as I find new and interesting sites.

Cheers,

Luke.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Has now been added to the Poultry Websites list :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

mel'schooks wrote:
Has now been added to the Poultry Websites list :)

Thank you so much :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:32 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

WELL DONE LUKE this site is awsome and a real credit for all your hard work please contribute all you Brahma and Cochin breeders out there you only get out of life what you put in. P.S Luke how are you enjoying the book Stairways to the breeds that you won at Club Show.

Cheers