Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks - new edition due Jan 2011

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:48 pm 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

I recently tried to borrow (again) this book from out local library and could get a copy only through inter-library loan . Naturally I requested that the missing item be replaced and below is the response. I am quoting the whole lot because it has publication details in case anyone may be interested in acquiring a copy. It is a good general text. :thumbs:

Quote:
On 10/9/2010 the library replied to the VOTEORDER request you made on 8/9/2010.

MESSAGE FROM LIBRARY
User reply Thank you for your suggestion. The second edition of this title will be released in January 2011. We will consider purchasing this item closer to that time.

YOUR REQUEST
title Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks Breeds - Care - Health
author Dave Holderread
Date published 2001
ISBN/ISSN Paperback - ISBN: 9781580172585 -
Reviewed/Cited in I have read this before, in fact previously borrowed it from your library.
Source http://www.publish.csiro.au/pid/4954.htm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Do you think that there will be many changes in the new edition? I was just about to order this book as I have finally taken the plunge and will be getting a dozen Bantam Saxony eggs next week. I have the Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens and love the amount of information in it, (although I doubt I will ever need to know how to "milk' a rooster). Now I'm not sure whether to wait or not.

Cathy

RIRs, Silkies Buff and White, Bantam Buff Orpingtons, Silver Pencilled Plymouth Rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Wheaten Marans, Rhode Island Reds, Pearl, Lavender and Pied Guinea Fowl and Bantam Saxony ducks on the way...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:07 pm 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

Hi Cathy,

Sorry, I have no idea. I'd be inclined to wait for the new edition I think. I like to borrow from library if I can before I buy. :P I suppose that the publisher might be able to tell you a bit more? If I find out anything more I will post it. :)

P.S. Probably worth an enquiry at least: http://www.publish.csiro.au/aid/286.htm

Only the new editions actually out seem to be on their list. They do list the chicken one as thoroughly revised...