Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - New Web site.

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Web site.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:12 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

This new web site has just been developed for you to promote your own poultry.
If you are breeding birds as close as possible to the Australian Poultry Standard you are more than welcome to add your own page.The more we get from around Australia the better the site.
Go to http://www.mypoultry.com.au for more information, and best of all its FREE.

Post subject: Re: New Web site.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:52 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Absolutely brilliant idea. Looks well put together and easy to navigate. My only suggestion is where the persons name comes up that you have the state abbreviations after the name in case you only want to look at say QLD breeders.

Danny

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:51 pm 
Golden Phoenix
Golden Phoenix

I'm finding the re-sized photos difficult to deal with; if one were new to poultry, the odd squeezing would make me wonder how tall a runner duck is _really_ meant to be, or if there really is a modern game as narrow and tall as the one on the front page.

A page that displays people's poultry needs to do photos as true to the original as possible and, if re-sizing them, to do so in proportion. Forcing all photos to fit a pre-set size, regardless of the original proportions of the photo, is going to do injustices to the originals.

Otherwise, a nice concept.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks for the feed back all comments good or bad are more than welcome. The two runners pictured are the best two coloured birds i have at present.
These photos are original and have not been resized in any way.The pile modern game bloodline was purchased from a top S.A. breeder.
Look forward to haveing members of your groupe joining the new web site, my poultry.com.au. as this site is being set up free of charge to help promote poultry through out Australia.
Regards,
Kym.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 am 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

I am confused by the addition of this statement on your site.

Quote:
If you are breeding birds as close as possible to the Australian Poultry Standards then you are more than welcome to add a page.

Many of the birds advertised there already by yourself are not in the Australian poultry standards. Is this for show poultry or just poultry in general. And breeders cannot add pages to the site themselves.
How long would you expect there to be between someone submitting a page and when the information would appear in the site and can regular updates be made as people change what they have in their yards and what they currently have on offer? Most breeder websites are ones that the breeder can enter and change the information by themselves- not have to submit it for someone else to enter online unless it is breed club based or printed once a year.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

I am confused by the addition of this statement on your site.

Quote:
If you are breeding birds as close as possible to the Australian Poultry Standards then you are more than welcome to add a page.

Many of the birds advertised there already by yourself are not in the Australian poultry standards.- HAVE ADDED MORE DETAILS TO FRONT PAGE THAT EXPLAINS IT GO TO http://www.mypoultry.com.au -Is this for show poultry or just poultry in general. -PURE BRED POULTRY OR ANY NEW BREED OR COLOUR THAT PEOPLE ARE WORKING ON-And breeders cannot add pages to the site themselves.-NO KEEPING IT SIMPLE FOR ME AS I HAVE NO MODERATORS-
How long would you expect there to be between someone submitting a page and when the information would appear in the site -IN MOST CASES 24HRS- and can regular updates be made as people change what they have in their yards and what they currently have on offer? - YES BUT FIND THEY PROBABLY WILL PUT CURRENT BIRDS ON UNTIL THE NEXT NEW BREEDING SEASON TO SHOW THE NEW CROP OF BIRDS BUT CAN ADD AND CHANGE WHEN NEEDED -Most breeder websites are ones that the breeder can enter and change the information by themselves- not have to submit it for someone else to enter online unless it is breed club based or printed once a year.-THAT TOPIC WAS COVERED ABOVE.

Thanks for the feed back and please let me know if you find any more problems with the site that i can rectify.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 am 
Wise One
Wise One

A minor technicality re: the title/label for one of your (1 K. Rumball) photos (17th down the list)? All of the birds (that I can see) in this particular photo look like Runners, ie, no Campbells of any colour, so for example, maybe "KHAKI - FAWN - DARK - RUNNER DUCKS" as opposed to "KAKHI CAMPBELL - FAWN - DARK CAMPBELL - RUNNER DUCKS"?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:13 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks for that rollyard there isnt any Dark Campbells in that photo my mistake, have corrected it.

If you find any more errors please let me know.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unfortunately due to lack of interest the Poultry Directory for all Australians has closed as of 16/5/2012.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:08 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

oh, thats a shame, I only just saw this thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:16 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

cottagegirl wrote:
oh, thats a shame, I only just saw this thread.

Me too, 2 weeks is not really sufficient time to get it up and running, try advertising (with permission of course) on some of the facebook poultry sites.

Btw you spelt Favourite incorrectly.

& now 8 of the cutest cross bred fluff ball feed hoovers. R.I.P Chilli.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:12 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Bugger, I was just getting pics collated.

Breeder of Exotic waterfowl, wild type Muscovy, Dutch bantams, Phoenix and Yokohama Fowls.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 pm 
Wyandotte Warrior
Wyandotte Warrior

Now that was a flash in the pan!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:02 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

Totally unreal expectations to have it up and running in only 2 weeks!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:51 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Due to more discussion and interest from breeders the site http://www.mypoultry.com.au will now be up and running again.