Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - ozbreeders.com update

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ozbreeders.com update
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:08 pm 

About Ozbreeders.com

Ozbreeders is an Australian Poultry Breeders Directory that gives breeders a secure, feature rich and updateable way to list your stock and an easy way for people looking for poultry to find stock and securely contact you.

There have been a few major and many minor updates on Ozbreeders.

The important ones are:

Better Error Reporting: This emails me even better reporting on the errors that were occuring which allowed bugs to be identified quicker. Also encouraged restarting to start again instead of just moving on.

Lots of Bug Fixes: More people means people doing things that, although reasonable, were not things that I thought to test. The better error reporting has allowed me to squash lots and lots of bugs. If anyone had been frustrated with the site crashing while they were doing certain things, please return and try again. I have only seen one error report in the last few days and I think this was due to a session time out, in other words the amount of errors reported has significantly dropped. I also fixed some small anoyances such as not having turkey breeds or the dropdown lists for breeds not sorting correctly (Barnevelder jumped to the bottom for some strange reason)

Bookmarkable Breeder Pages: Breeders can now bookmark thier Breeder View page. This allows this page to be posted to websites, forums or sent via email. This should also allow search engines to better index the site. This was a major refactoring over a number of iterations with some great help from the tapestry user list.

e.g. http://www.ozbreeders.com/app?page=Bree ... =Sjagungal Edited by Mods to prevent attempts to access no longer active website

Near Future changes will be more help pages, a bookmarkable available stock page, a better menuing system and a possible browsing mode for breeders that is quicker and easier but complimentry to the current search mode.

As the next set of changes are likely to be major, I am going to leave it for a day or so to make sure there are no error reports.

Very open to suggestions on what might be the most important changes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Does this site still exist? I've been trying to access it but keep getting knocked back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

It appears that they no longer exist fimacq. I haven't been able to find a link to them either. The article you are posting in dates back to January 2006, 9 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I thought as much but just wanted to check I wasn't just typing in the wrong thing into google.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

Topic is now locked as the website if no longer accessible.