Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - testing testing...1...2...3

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:53 pm 
thankyou for all that brookchook. i have read it twice but need to sit and read it when my brain is less tired.

sammy j still trying to get on that link, had to update a few things to do it and now i don't recognize anything on my screen :lol:

time to sit done with the instruction book again as i think i have gone as far as i can with what i have learned so far and have become quite familia with a few buttons and dials. strange how one struggles to achieve something which seems so awsome and then you want to get even better...the next stage as what you have achieved seems so ho hum. what is important is that i can do some adjustments now without having to run inside every 5 minutes to download them to see how they look.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Hi Ruff
Here is another link you could try for that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMW2OAu0n8

Cheers
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:13 am 
well it has not even been a year since i got this camera and i am really addicted to it now. thanks to every ones tips and comments. i read about techniques and pratise them and that picture correct info is great as every morning i get a little email on tips and techniques and depending on how blurry eyed i am i read them then, sometimes later. one technique i have been playing with is panning, this is shooting a moving object while you are following it with a camera. i was really happy with this shot:

also i try to make my chook photos more interesting rather than just showing information on the breed, genetics and breeding, it helps attract the attention of people who would otherwise be uninterested so here i used the bokeh technique on the background to enhance the rooster:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

That's an amazing shot of the rooster, ruff! I like the crow as well. Well done! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm 
Superior Bird
Superior Bird

Very nice pics Ruff!
You gave me a bit of a giggle cause both pics are of `crows`. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 pm 
:rofl: i never thought of it like that...a couple of crows :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:01 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Image Love love love the Bokeh! Looks fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 pm 
Golden Cockatoo
Golden Cockatoo

i had to look up what bokeh meant lol, and its fascinating, great shot of both crows!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:47 pm 
i took a dead brown snake off the road today and decided to look for its fangs, i found none so decided to practise my photography on it. i used a macro lens and was trying to improve my depth of field (DOF) i was happy with the results. i proped its mouth open with a bit of stick:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Great picture, ruff, but the very thought of a snake gives me the chills! Even though I wouldn't pass up the chance to photograph one either, if I can do so safely!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:10 am 
well i have moved over to my new computer and adobe photoshop elements 9. i think i have worked out how to reduce the size of photos and i waved the 'magic wand' over the head of this eagle. however the picure looks better on the laptop screen rather than the main big screen i use. the main screen looks darker and grainer to the new laptop . i don't know if it has always been like this or being connected to the new computer has made it like this. so in the end i don't know if i improved the photo or not :roll:

i bumbling along with photoshop, no idea what i am doing. have modified one photo but can't get it out of the program as a single photo :roll:

i think i improved my tree kangaroo and joey but then again not sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am 
spring has sprung and all sorts of things are happening in the garden. i had fun yesterday trying to improve my deth of field. the first 200 odd photos i stuffed up completely trying to use the maximum aperture F number and this fly was just too good not to go out and have another go:

this unknown insect started me off asi could not see it very well. in this case my F number was too high i think and i did not feel like having another go:

this lady bird was interesting but could have been sharper, especially around the mouth:

today i plan to do some work around the house and chooks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Your unknown insect is a cicada. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
that is what i thought at first but when i put the photo up on the computer of the mouth parts it is not. a cicada i classified as a bug as it has a proboscus which is a long stem like mouth part used for inserting into plant stems to suck sap. this insect has a way different mouth, more like an ant but i think an ant may have larger mandibles than this:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Oh...hmm that puts a new slant on things. At first look, I was certain it was a cicada.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next