Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Photo Caption Competition - Winners Announced!

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

We are going to run a little Photo Caption Competition here on Backyard Poultry. We'll take caption suggestions from members in this topic. Each member may contribute a maximum of two suggestions. Each entry should have its own post, so one post, one entry. When the competition closes in six weeks, we will run a poll to vote on our top three favourites. Prizes will be:

First place: Backyard Poultry saddle in size of choice; or choice of BYP hat of choice (cap, bucket hat or beanie) + free personal or business promo page
Second place: Backyard Poultry hat of choice (either cap, bucket hat or beanie) + free personal or business promo page
Third place: Backyard Poultry mug + free personal or business promo page

Special Prize: Best Caption contributed by a new user from facebook: Backyard Poultry hat of choice! Chosen by the FB admins.

Some of our optional merch prize items:
ImageImageimageimageimage

...... ooo OOO ooo ......

So now the picture ..... here it is. Let's hear your suggestions:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The Photo Caption Voting is now open. For the next two weeks, you may vote for your four favourite captions here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8029754&p=724614#p724614

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm 
That was a Great photo and Fun to suggest Captions...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:54 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

:blns Thank you to all participants and voters! Our poll period is now over and we can congratulate our winners!

First place: Our first place prize was a Backyard Poultry saddle in size of choice; or choice of BYP hat of choice (cap, bucket hat or beanie) + free personal or business promo page

In first place we have ... "Yeah! , I think that food slave is coming" by ... Fowler Dan

Second place: Backyard Poultry hat of choice (either cap, bucket hat or beanie) + free personal or business promo page

In second place we have ... "Who let Fluffy off the Chain?" by ... Dazza@lochview

Third place: Backyard Poultry mug + free personal or business promo page

In equal third place ...

"Are you back AGAIN....... I told you before.......We will LAY, when we are damn well ready!" by ... lucky992
"Excuuuuse me ! cant you read, the sign says LAYERS only" ... by Angelcake
Always a queue for the ladies, hey girls?! ... by nerarose
That rooster has gone way over the top this time Doris.... I mean, has anyone ever heard of a mating queue? ... by Squeaker

Special Prize: Best Caption contributed by a new user from facebook: Backyard Poultry hat of choice! Chosen by the FB admins. This award has yet to be decided. If you are a facebook user and you participated in the competition, please pm to let me know so we can check the results

Congratulations to the prize-winners mentioned above. I will do a mail-out of prizes next week. Please send your name and postal details to me by pm and I will get your parcel in the mail. If I don't receive your postal details by Wednesday 16 April (2 weeks from now), the prize will be forfeit. For those who would like a personal/business promo page, just pm me any details and we can construct it for you.