The What is This?
forum thread titles
should have a fairly standardised format
including where possible:
- breed of subject bird(s) (if known)
- age of subject bird(s)
- number of birds in question
- what you would like assistance with - for example gender? or colour? or breed?
In the body of post at least one photo and as much relevant information as possible. If there are multiple photos of a particular bird it should be made clear.
will never go astray either.
Including such key
info makes the whole Info Centre
easier to use. Among the reasons for this consider:
- Readers do not then have to click to find out what a post is really about - many people just won't bother so it is the poster's interest to be clear.
- It won't matter so much that a post has been made in perhaps not the most appropriate forum as it is less likely to be overlooked by those who can assist you.
- It makes BYP's Search facility easier to use
- It makes Indexing topics for each particular forum easier for moderators.