Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Guinea foot problems - need help

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi I am new to the group and need help. I have 2 guineas and 3 chickens. They are all about 5 months old. When they were 2 months old one of my guinea hens just started limping and then it progressed to both legs and could barely walk. Super weird.
I read it was vitamin b issue so they all have been getting liquid b2 in their water and nutritional yeast in with their food. After about 2 weeks she got better. She never ran around too much like her younger brother but she got around fine. Now it seems to be happening again. She is limping and looks like her outer toe on her left foot is curling under her. She walks a bit then lays down. She eats and drinks but i am super worried about her. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with her and what to do about it? Oh and to catch her would cause her tremendous anxiety so i have not looked at her feet. I did that when she was younger and they looked fine.