Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - ChookNet Ads for all States? - Updated

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:53 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

ChookNet is a classified ads website I have made for Western Australia a couple of months ago, and its is continually under development.

Because there has already been two ads placed on ChookNet from interstate, I have worked out a way to include ChookNet Ads for other states. I can do this by keeping WA ads and Latest Ads on the home page and making a separate ChookNet Ads page for each state. This keeps all states totally separate and maintains the objective of ChookNet Ads by ensuring that the ads are easy to find.

Before I go ahead take the time to do that I would like to know if there is a much of a demand for interstate ads. I have set up an instant voting poll to the right of the ChookNet home page and would like to ask everybody to please help by placing your vote - your feedback is very valuable! It takes only two clicks to vote and voting is anonymous. You can see the poll results at any time.

I will leave the poll running for a couple of weeks or until there are a reasonable amount of responses. If you would like to place your vote, the poll can be found on the home page at http://chooknet.com.au

Last edited by chooknet on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 am 
well chooknet if you could include a map of australia on it whith the states written in and a scale in kilometers, ie like the distance from brisbane to cooktown and the distance from brisbane to melbourne for your thick readers.

[/img]Image
k

Post subject: Link to a Route Planner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

That could be good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm 
blackdotte you obviously have never had anyone say they are going up to brisbane for a show and could they come and see you or bring some fowl to them.....when you live 2,000 kms away. or someone wants you to send fertile eggs to tasmania. or do i know anyone in qld that has this, or do i know somebody that lives in a rockhampton that i can take something to.

when there is a map they can look and say...'oh my goodness that person is 5,000 kilometers away, across an ocean and the great divide through flood waters, down a dirt road.......!'

when an editor tells you to get your financial review via the paperboy in the mornings so that i am sure to get it, then you wander about the average australian and their knowledge of their own country.

better they look at the map first before they have to contend with my wrath :twisted:

k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:21 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

What I am going to do is to draw a little map of australia so you can click on the state you want to show the all the ad categories and ads for just that state.

When you move the mouse over any of the states that whole state changes color and it has a little cartoon chook appearing on the state and also the name of the state next to the chook - but you would only see that while your mouse was over it.
Or maybe there will be a little chook on each state where the capital cities are and when you move the mouse over the state anywhere the chook gets bigger and has a funny look on its face and the name of the state appears. It will be something like that.

To start with just to get it going it will be a list of state names to choose from and you click on the state name with the map conversion being done gradually as time permits. The map will definitely be better.

There have been a few votes on the poll today (15) with majority in favour which is great so I will leave the voting poll up until the end of the week. Only one vote against but I am sure that was just someone being silly as there is always someone who chooses the silly answer!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:11 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

ChookNet now has a separate classified ads section for NSW.

The other states will follow within the next week or so. I will try and do one state each day. ( it takes about an hour to set up each state including testing ) I will leave the test ads in there for a week in case I need to do any more testing, but it looks like its all right to go.

You will see the link from the home page, in the section titled "ChookNet Ads Australia" just click on the link for New South Wales and you will see a totally separate instance of the classified ads system for NSW only, including the latest ads for NSW displayed across the top and bottom of the page.

Eventually I will have a little map of Australia to click on but for now I will set up each state as a menu link.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to vote on the online poll, there was an overwhelming response to have the ads interstate (27/29) I think the other two votes picked the silly no answer just to be silly!

Last edited by chooknet on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:25 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Now there are also separate classified ads sections for Queensland and Victoria. I will add the remaining states ASAP.

Post subject: site
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Thanks Chooknet. It's always great to have another resource for chookie people to use. I like your site.

Queenslander!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

How about an 'eggs for sale section also'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:59 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Thanks for the great idea!

I will add the new section "Eggs for Sale" in to all the states within the next few hours.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:31 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Eggs for sale category added, and also the ads section for South Australia has also been added.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:13 am 

Hi Chooknet

I previously went onto my bookmarked link to a site called Chooknet which had all the same characteristics as what is being touted as a new website, only to find a sign saying "Access Forbidden" and the reason given 403 This site already had different states, there was a profile and it was used by quite a few of my clients.

Now I am being told that you are creating a new site from WA which will include other states. What has happened? Has the old Chooknet ceased? If so can you send me a link that allows my access to the new?

Cheers

Terry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:25 am 
Great Game
Great Game

Have a look at the date, this thread was started 7 years ago. Chooknet shut down sometime ago, there was a thread about it but can't find it at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:49 am 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

Recent: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8035855&hilit=chooknet -CHOOKNET SITE DOWN

;-)