Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - roosta and his anitrans business

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am 
i met up with roosta yesterday as he picked up some birds off me to take south. this is the second time we have met up. this time his set up is different to when i first saw him, very shmiko now.

now i have not the feintest idea where this photo has gone in the gallery but it is somewhere:

he let me have a peek inside and i saw the most beautiful tr\io of wheaten pekins i had ever seen. they looked like they were ready to be put in a show and i believe they have traveled at least as far as brisbane:

here he is opening his rig and you can see damage done when he hit a roo. he needs a bullbar:

i was very envious of his set up, it would be excellent for taking birds to shows and doing markets with. it all looks like it can be removed for easy cleaning and for other uses when not needed for the chooks. the markets use of this setup would be far easier than packing up a car/trailer/ute as all that packing and unpacking would be kept to a minimum plus he seems to have an airconditioning system (heating for those poor northern birds going back to that southern winter). i would like to get a photo of the workings of it all one day when he is not running late.

i wish him all the success in his business as like all businesses starting out they don't come without their problems.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am 
Golden Phoenix
Golden Phoenix

In the cage to the left of the Pekins, you can JUST see my blue Barnie boy, who was popped in there on Monday morning. As he'd gone from a cold, muddy, dank bachelor-boy pen into a warm, dry cage with two lovely Barnie girls, he was a very happy boy indeed :)

Roosta was very generous about showing me his setup and some of the really pretty chooks I'd never seen in the flesh before, as well. Everyone looked very comfortable and unstressed.

And hearing a car drive off accompanied by crowing is always entertaining :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm 
Flock Master
Flock Master

I get to see it tomorrow with my new girls, thanks Ruff (got to add a :bounce: ).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:29 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

I can recommend Roosta's AniTrans 100%. He has done a fantastic job and my 6 little Sebrights are proof of that. I thoroughly recommend him to anyone :thumbs:

Your new setup looks terrific Justin.

Nick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hi Roosta ,I sent you a message but dont know where I actually sent it to . as I;m new .so I;ll ask again I need Chooks picked up near bendigo ,and delivered to Albury or Wagga or somewhere near by. If you can help me ,within the next week or to .Thanks Barbs Please reply either way Please

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 pm 
if you look on page 26 of the latest australaian poultry you will see his phone number and email address in an article megg miller wrote on transporting poultry. i will put it here as i suppose it can't hurt:

0438 271 343

roosta78@bigpond.com