Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Appealing a permit decision

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

epiphany wrote:

I am loosing my friend & a member of our family because I have goons for neighbours. My heart physically hurt as I was leaving his office today :cry: How do I make this feel better? My kids are devastated. I am beside myself. I don't even know where I can take him & I don't want to euthanise him :cry: Anyone want a friendly little roo?

Oh Epiphany I am heartbroken for you - if I could take him I would. We had to rehome Mr Pogo when he turned out to be a roo - luckily he was bought as a sexed chick so the breeder not only took him back but was able to rehome him rather than euthanise - not so for our most recent two boys and I still feel bad about it even though they weren't any where near to me what Arte is to you.

I really hope someone is able to take him for you and look after him - who knows maybe one day you will move to a friendlier 'burb and neighbours and be able to have him back?

My heart goes out to you ... and as for your neighbours...well I cannot even write what I am thinking or I will get my post removed....these moments are why hubbie keeps potentially destructive weapons hidden from me.

:grouphug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

aw, mate ... :cry:

would if i could ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

If i lived near you I would take him for you. I really hope you find someone close so you can still visit him I know it is not the same but it is better than the alternative.

If you wish to be spiteful and I would be very tempted to do this you could get recording of a rooster crowing and play it when ever your neighbor goes out in his yard. I'm sure there is no law against rooster recordings. If you really want to annoy then then find out what the noise level is allowed and play it at the maximum so your local authority can not do anything to stop you.

Sorry that was my rant I really do feel sorry for you and I hope you find some light at the end of all this.
Best of luck :thumbs:

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

I've been watching this sadly. If I could take him for you, I would. I've even got some extra girls I'm caring for that don't have a boy to guard them.

Perhaps find him a temporary home and then go to the media? Paparazzi programs like ACA and Today Tonight jump at this sort of thing. More so if your council has been caught out with other things previously.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

:( It's sad that it has got to this, l was hoping for a better outcome for you. I would take him if l could, but l would have the same problem with my crappy council. I just wish there is something we could do for you, it sucks big time (sorry l sound like one of my teens) that this is happening...... :grouphug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Epiphany, I have pm'd you with a phone number of a guy who takes roosters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Dickdi: I don't appear to have received your PM...but is "a guy who takes roosters" also a guy who eats roosters? Just wondering because, unfortunately, a lot of people who take roos do so to put them on the table. I would sooner have him euthanised & buried in my backyard than eaten by a stranger. But if he gives them a good home & they can live out their life, that's quite a different matter.

The thread with details on him is here: http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8001200 incl links to photos.

I didn't sleep well last night. I feel ill :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 am 
Wise Wyandotte
Wise Wyandotte

Epiphany, I've been following your story and kept crossing fingers. I'm so very sorry about the outcome. It's so sad.

Just a thought: When I lived in Glen Waverley a few years ago I had three roosters to re-home. They went to a farm in Scoresby, where I thought they'd have a forever good life where I could visit them. In hindsight, I think shouldn't have re-homed them to that farm. If you want the details to avoid re-homing him there, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

If everything failed, I could ask a friend of mine if she'd take your beautiful boy. She's keeping a lot of different birds and got her rooster stolen, recently. She's the most loving and caring lady I know but she's up in Queensland, a few roads up from where I live, so I don't know if that was an option for you and your family.

All the best
Inge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am 
Flock Master
Flock Master

That is just awful Epiphany. It may be a point of law, but I didn't think they could enforce it retrospectively. You had your rooster before they made their secret new laws.

I've only ever heard horrid things about Casey Council - they are absolutely the pits, they'd have to be close to the worst in Victoria. A bunch of trumped up little Hitlerites. And inept fools into the bargain. It's a wonder the locals haven't thrown them all out on their collective ear.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am 
Golden Kingfisher
Golden Kingfisher

Epiphany, I am so sad and angry. As everybody here can see, this is the wrong outcome. There is a special place in hell reserved for these 'neighbours'.

I really am thinking of you. We all are. :grouphug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

Just had a thought - as Arte is a breeding Pekin and very gorgeous - I would try Book A Chook as they breed Pekins Silkies and Frizzles for backyarders. I know they have a pen of Pekins at Ceres in Brunswick - and Ceres is FULL of chooks incidentally so that may be an option too?. Though in the 'burbs they obviously have a good council - all you can hear is roosters crowing when you arrive !! :lol: Fingers and toes crossed for you....http://www.bookachook.com/.

Ps I would ring and tell them the WHOLE sad tale if not go in person with Arte??!! How could they refuse!??

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Words fail to express how angry i feel on your behalf. I'm so sorry to read about Arte.

I hope these neighbours annoy the wrong neighbour and get what they deserve (my parents have a nasty neighbour too.. and they annoyed the wrong neighbour in the area who ended up chasing the man down the street with a plank of wood.. but that's another story)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I am so sorry Epiphany. If I didn't already have too many roosters and you didn't live so far away I would look after him for you.

I hope the trial goes well. The Council has been dodgy about this from the start and they should not be allowed to get away with it - but life is seldom fair, as heartbreaking as that is. I can only send you good wishes for a good outcome, and that Karma comes back to.... ahem, I won't type that I'll get into trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I am happy to report a friend of mine who lives in the Dandenongs on an acerage has offered to take him as they had been contemplating getting chooks. He will have new girls but at least I will get to see him regularly (our kids play together) & I know he won't end up on the table any time soon. I also know he will receive the very best attention & affection.

It's still heartbreaking saying goodbye but at least this is a good alternative to what could have happened.

Trust me, the moment my neighbours do anything out of turn, I'll be down to the magistrate's so fast... I've had 3 years of harassment & now I've had to give away a family member. I have no doubt there will be more trouble. And I'm not prepared to put up with anything more. I'm going to go to the Drs to get my migraines checked again...& to document my anxiety & stress. My lawyer recommend recording any & all encounters, so I will get my camera organised. Part of the problem with the whole chook fiasco is that the real problem...my neighbours...were untouchable as it was Council pursuing me, not them. It will be an entirely different matter with a restraining order & there is the very real possibility they would be arrested if they continue harassing me (which wouldn't surprise me). Getting a restraining order will mean all their behaviour comes out in Court. I will also be making it known to everyone in the community that I am going to do this so that there is the opportunity for them to pursue one as well...my neighbours don't just harass me but others in the area too.

I will not go down without a fight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Glad to hear the Arte has found a good home. I would love a rooster but not allowed under our local council.

I had coffee with two of my neighbours this morning and they both told me how much they enjoy the chooks bokking, clucking and carrying ons. One even checked this morning as there was a lot of loud sqwarking. I did explain that Ethel needs everyone to know that she is a very clever girl for laying an egg.

H

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next