Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Appealing a permit decision

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Sorry epiphany, I sent it to the wrong person - too late at night. I've now sent it to you and no, he doesn't eat them! He's a lovely man.

Now, each night I go to bed thinking of ways to fix these neighbours of ours. I thought what you could do would be to download a rooster crowing on to you computer then burn it 25 times on to a cd and play it every hour or so outside ; surely they can't complain about you playing a cd :D and you could explain that you find the "music" comforting and relaxing so they shouldn't be interfering with your "quiet enjoyment".

I'm thinking of putting up a 3 metre awning on my neighbour's side with a skull and crossbones painted on it. I think it would look quite fetching staring DOWN into his backyard :rofl: :rofl:

I suggested in the pm that you get a second solicitor's opinion also, even legal aid may have a different viewpoint, you never know. Someone else may be happy to take up a fight, particularly if the rules have changed after you had Arte.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:24 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

It is so unfair. The council can't be that powerful, can it? Even with all the procedural blunders! I think you should run for council at the next election.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 pm 
Flock Master
Flock Master

chookyperth wrote:
It is so unfair. The council can't be that powerful, can it? Even with all the procedural blunders!

Unfortunately, yes they are. And in this case, while I agree that the neighbours are some sort of spawn from hell, the real culprits are the council. Time & again, law-abiding residents are forced to compromise on their own peace, or give up their activities, because of local bullies. All because councils are geared to appease a few voficerous morons, instead of putting them back in their boxes and standing up for the bulk of their residents. Instead of being interested in what's right, they skew by-laws in favour of these skum just to get them of their back.

About 5 years ago, after lengthy battle with his council, my partner finally wrote to the ombudsman about illegal activities being carried out by that council. He detailed the activities, the councillor and staff involved, and copies of relevant laws. He received back a very stern letter telling him to withdraw his libellous accusations and not repeat them, or he will be taken to court, and possibly jailed. Where can you go from there?

Yes, the council are very powerful indeed. And the bastards revel in it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

Glad to hear a good outcome Epiphany! maybe Arte favourite girl should go with him for company...???????

but I guess your kids would miss you? :wink:

:)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:33 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Sad to hear the decisions you've had to make for Arte.

I hope in all other issues that you've raised in this thread (council incompetence and bullying, neighbours from hell) that you are able to stick it to 'em.. just to make the point. Harness the anger and disappointment and channel it for the cause of common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Golden Robin
Golden Robin

Mariel wrote:
About 5 years ago, after lengthy battle with his council, my partner finally wrote to the ombudsman about illegal activities being carried out by that council. He detailed the activities, the councillor and staff involved, and copies of relevant laws. He received back a very stern letter telling him to withdraw his libellous accusations and not repeat them, or he will be taken to court, and possibly jailed. Where can you go from there?

Yes, the council are very powerful indeed. And the bastards revel in it!

I suppose its flogging a dead horse with all things considered but the AAT (Admininstrive Appeals Tribunal) would have been an option but it would have required a solicitor and very accurte documented evidence to be heard before an impartial judge.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:07 am 
Flock Master
Flock Master

I think he knew his options, but the house was put on the market, and he couldn't be bothered carrying on with it, especially as none of the other residents of the street were willing to join in any action. Apathy at its best!! The issue was that the council had sold the end part of a dead end street to a developer who had the end block. About a dozen houses were affected - they were not allowed to park in the street, or even on the crossover, and many had to move their front fences back as they were found to be encroaching on what was now private property. The developer "graciously" allowed them to exit and enter their homes via his bitumen. Apparently this was only one of many shady deals between council and this developer.

Anyhow, I don't want to hijack this thread, I was just pointing out that councils have incredible power, to the extent that the ombudsman sides with them without investigating the issue. And it's my belief that many councils are a cesspool of illegal activities, either by intent, or by stupidity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Well, I got the intervention order granted on Tuesday so I'm a bit more relaxed AND the permit to keep my extra chickens was also processed.

The next step is to go to my neighbour's real estate agent and let her know what's been going on with her tenant.

I hope you have some luck as well epiphany, with your nasty neighbour.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 pm 
Golden Kingfisher
Golden Kingfisher

Dickdi, really glad to hear it. We need a few wins in this thread.

How are you going, Epiphany?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

hahahaha cocoa, I had to re-read your post - I read it the first time as "we need a few wines in this thread" and thought, "yep, we sure do" so am going to get one :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:01 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Court tomorrow...I've had the worst week of my life. Lots of stuff happening plus the Chch quake to top it all off (I'm from Chch & my family are all still there). Oh...& neighbours have complained to the Council about me yet again (something else this time...like I said, it was never about the rooster). Just waiting for the trial to be over tomorrow, then as soon as they do something personal, I'll be down to Court to apply for an AVO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

oh dear, how awful for you. I can't even watch it any more, it was making me cry just seeing peoples' lives devastated like that.

What time is court?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am 
Wise One
Wise One

Good luck tomorrow epiphany. :grouphug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I've sent you a pm epiphany, offering a cuppa tomorrow arvo if you like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Epiphany you are to be applauded for your restraint cause if it was me, now that the court date has passed, I would be taking up a few methods of dealing with these people from other posts. I'd be in the back yard speaker pointed in there direction with a decibel meter telling me exactly how loud i could turn it up and kicking back with a beer, all captured on video of course!!

Hopefully your friend can bring the roo to visit often. Surely a friend bringing there pet roo around when they pop in for a coffee is not breaking the law?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next