Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Mining Roster Chooks...

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mining Roster Chooks...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:18 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all the greetings and best wishes for the festive season :D It has been a loooong time since I have posted on here :read

Just wanted to reconnect and say G'day.

Still going with our chookens - all the breeds have been allowed free run and I now have pretty much all crossbreed chooks with the exception of a few very elderly girls from the original flock of Australorps. Over the years some have come and some have gone... usually the gone is as a result of unpleasant circumstances but, it is what it is.

We have had a couple of dog invasions in the last 12 months which has resulted in numerous losses. I have recently also lost several birds who were crowing/yarking in the morning - dead on the ground in the afternoon. We are beginning to suspect a resident brown snake :roll:

Any whooo... the 8 chooks I have left are all my OLDEST chooks - ist seems that only the young ones have succumbed to tragedy...
I have 3 eight year old girls and the other five range in age from three to five years, most being in the five year bracket...

Needless to say, at this age, my egg supply is not as good as I would like. Even more weird though is that all the chooks seem to be working a 'month on/month off' type egg laying roster. I get 4-6 eggs a day for a month and then nothing for a month :shock:
Just bizarre.

Really need to get some more younger regular egg layers in there but we are going away for four months in April so will wait until after then..

Hope everyone is well and all your chookens, quackers and gobblies are fit and fun :D

Cheers,

Rainbow.

My "little farmyard"-Well really it is a 3 Ring Circus-Seems I am the RingLeader-Chooks, Ducks, Dogs, Cats, Amphibians, Reptiles, Fish, Parrots, Childerbeasts...OH YES We Have it ALL! Roll up, Roll up...
Visit the madhouse at Just us Chooks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:55 pm 
Golden Brush Turkey
Golden Brush Turkey

hey tammy
good to see you!