Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Neighbourhood dogs killing my chooks - what can I do?

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:11 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

Still find this amazing, $600 odd dollars fine for 2 dogs that wreck property and kill others animals whilst my council was going to fine me $3,300 dollars every time the neighbour complained that my dogs barked. And they only barked at them playing loud music and yelling, yahooing at all hours of the night and day.. on the hright side of of my other neighbours, big fellow jumped the back fence and fretened to destroy the radio if it wasn't turned off as he was sick of it keeping he's grandchild awake :mmaad . Hes daughter and son inlaw at the moment live in a granny flat up the back. Lucky for me he doesn't whinge about the roosters :hiding .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

Wow. This seriously puts all my neighbours' idiosyncrancies into perspective. We seem to have a multi-cultural Air b n'b operating to our left. Last night at 11pm music emanating from the front room..not 10 metres from our bedroom..jolted us awake. A semi courteous "sorry ma -dam" was the over the shoulder no eye contact response to my albeit shrieking "people are trying to sleep here can you please keep it down!" . Grrrrr.
Neighbours are a challenge friends...for good or bad.
I really hope this dog situation is resolved for you very soon. Fingers crossed.