Backyard Poultry acts as a venue to allow anyone to advertise animals (and related accessories and necessities) for sale or wanted. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. We do not claim to provide a 'secure trading system' for buyers or sellers. Backyard poultry is simply a place to post ads. The onus for the success or security of a transaction is entirely with the advertiser and buyer.
* Make sure the people you're dealing with are honest before any money changes hands. Ask the seller to provide references from satisfied customers (or the email address of satisfied customers, so that you can contact them directly).
* This is predominantly an Australian site. We do not recommend dealing with overseas buyers. Please beware of scammers both overseas and in Australia. If something sounds too good to be true, it often is.
* If you choose to import eggs / birds, it is the responsibility of the buyer to check quarantine and customs issues.
* The safest way to buy is to examine the animal you are buying in person before paying for it. For this reason, For this reason, we do not recommend buying animals you are unable to examine prior to purchase.
* The best way to ensure the animal you're buying is healthy and that your transaction is safe, is to meet with the seller in person. If you are unable to determine whether an animal is healthy please bring a knowledgeable person with you
We welcome your comments and suggestions regarding this document. To have your say, please email email@example.com