Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Fertile Egg Exchange Program - please read all swaps

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

Righto.... Here's what I'm thinking.... After Christmas I'll have heaps of fertile eggs getting turned into pancakes.... I'm thinking, why don't we swap some eggs..?

If anyone is keen to do some swapping post it in here and we will see what happens...

I have 2 mixed pens. 1 pen has 1 x Australorp Roo, 1 x Large Beautiful X-Bred Cockerel, 12 x hens including Blue Australorps, New Hampshire, ISA X Australorp, ISA's, Commercial White's, Hamburg X, Arucana X and Barnie X.

Out of this pen comes all sorts of wild colours and very healthy stock.

In the Bantam pen I have 2 Arucana X Pekin Cockerels. one is more Pekin and one is more Arucana... The hens are Arucana X (6 of) and 2 pure bred Belgian Danvers... The colours are groovy with Black, Buff, Lavender and white through them.. I've only just recently put this group together and I have many crazy combos coming through at the moment... A couple are clucky and on eggs from the other pen, so not getting a huge amount of eggs out of them at the moment...

Anyway, that's what I have if anyone is keen....

In return I don't care what eggs I get... Big, small, in between, Hard Feather, Soft Feather, No Feather, X Bred, Pure Bred, Mouldy Bread.... Don't care...

Should be good for a bit of fun....

I'm open for discussion....

Cheers,

Nath...

**Mod Edit: this idea has really taken off! :D however as the length of pages increases we will be going through the thread and removing any posts that arent on topic. If youve got an old post requesting a swap youre no longer interested in, let us know so we can remove it for you. :thumbs: Please dont be offended if your comment is removed, its all about trying to make things easier for members... all 'swap' requests remaining will be relevant and it will be easier for members to find a deal to suit both parties. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE SWAPS already here, before posting your own, as you may find a swap listed that suits you! :biggrin: Thanks, HBG Moderator.**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:06 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi

Im interested in swaping eggs with others aswell but I am after pure breads I have RIR and Corination Sussex and am looking for some show quality Speckled Sussex and Corinations to introduce new blood into my lines.

Yasmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:58 pm 
Golden Phoenix
Golden Phoenix

This _might_ be a game I'm interested in playing, but it will depend ... my rooster is Araucana/Barnevelder and he's playing with a mixed flock of Australorps, other Araucana/Barnies, and Heinz-variety backyarders which _could_ be culls from a Legbar program (there's barring and floppy combs and all sorts of things).

I'll be after standard-sized chooks with the potential to lay interestingly-coloured eggs; actual breed not really of interest.

However, any exchange would be well into the new year; I haven't hatched eggs before and am scared of babies, and want to set things up better before it happens.

Besides, none of the chooks have gone broody yet!!

However, I'd be more than happy to supply random fertilised eggs now against potential eggs in the future ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

This sounds great :D. But im afraid im only after purebreds aswell. Also i wouldnt be able to swap any eggs as i have no empty cages to put the chicks when they hatch. But maybe in the new year :). I have light sussex , blue + black langshans, partridge wyandottes and R.I.R these are all bantams and in different cages..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm 

Hi I have been looking for someone to swap fertile eggs with. I have coronation and speckled sussex. Not really sure if they are show quality as I haven't shown. However I do want to add another line to my birds. I'm from the Barossa in SA. Won't have any to swap until after Xmas but still keen to have a go then. I can be contacted on
mark.mcdonald@lightpassps.sa.edu.au Always keen to talk with other breeders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:05 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

*I've edited my post from ages ago:*

Let me in!...
Here's what I've got ...

all running together, or mostly, pekins, Silkies, Araucanas, layers that don't, Wyandottes, lots of X breds but all nice ...

on the receiving end, anything not plain! ie love Belgians, fat pekins, blue anything, Sebrights... X breds are fine, so long as they aren't 'just chooks', must be either cute and fluffy or exotic (suitable for petting farm), very good layers, or Wyandottes, which of course are both :mrgreen: :roll: !

Ours are all very sparodic, so can't guarantee supply at any particular time ... :roll:

Here are some photos of mine;
This is Fizz, red gold frizzle pekin thrown frizzle,

Here's a Wyandotte, Perah

Day old Wyandotte chick

Marcus (red, he wouldn't normally look like that but he was 'harassed" and all but scalped. He's out of Licorice by Golden Boy, and he has the sweetest voice - and nature!) and TuffNut, she's black pure Araucana but you can't have more of her as my rooster died.

more chicks, various,

Pm me if you're interested, it's set to email me if someone pms me, so I'll see it even if I'm not very active on BYP at the time :)
:hiya: Georgia

Waygara.com

Last edited by bushgirl on Mon May 16, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Mixed eggs from following breeds they are all in together but do have rooster of most breeds aswell so can result in the occasional pure bred.
belgians, japanese bantams, frizzles, silkies, araucanas, pekins, game, rosecombs, wyandottes bantam, leghorns bantam plus a few more odd ones.
these are resulting in the following colors from hatches i have had.
blue black mottled lavender cuckoo white splash but the parents range from white black mottled brown wheaten columbian cuckoo brown partridge so could be any colors but most of mine are blue lavender cuckoo and black.
If interested please let me know what you have & when you would like them If email is easier my email is stevieb@iinet.net.au or my mobile is 0410761433.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:42 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi All

I would love to do some egg swaps as well. I have pure breeds of the ones below and would like the same in return

my Bantam Indian Game and Araucanas Lavender
arnt laying at the moment

would love some more Araucana as i have a young trio of lavender in large so no eggs as yet and i just got a bantam indian game rooster to go with hen

Jenn

PS I have never posted eggs before but will give it a go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

hello everyone
if anyone has some fertile silkie eggs around the area of Newcastle/Lake Macquarie and is only going to turn them into omelettes or scrambled eggs to has excess then i would be VERY happy to help you out and take them off your hands
:lol: let us know if you need help :D

many thanks
Jack Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Im interested in swapping a mixed dozen of purebred speckled sussex, light sussex and silver sussex eggs for a dozen red sussex, white sussex and corontation sussex or a mixed dozen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hi all
I have some quality purebred Australorp eggs and I'd love some nice Rhode Island Reds.
Also looking for a muscovy male, hatched or unhatched. Our neighbours ducks (2) moved into our dam and refused to go home
(8 months and counting). Really nice friendly ducks, hand fed twice daily but only produce unfertile eggs. I assume, both females,they eat me out of house and home.
I'd also like to exchange roosters regually to anyone between Kempsey and the Central Coast (I visit quite often).I get some quality roosters, but I have to send them to the chopping block as I can't find anyone to swap. I would much rather pass them on.
All free range.
Deb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I have some silver sebright eggs that I would like to swap for silver sebrights or silkies (other than white). Would prefer someone in Qld (less transport shock, well it's a theory) but not necessary :hiya:
PM me :)

cheers
Ange

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:05 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi I have white mallards laying at the moment. Just starting to lay this week. I am keen for bantam saxony eggs or bantam silver appleyard eggs. Perhaps this should be set up as a new forum-swapping eggs. Great idea this though-well done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:14 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

count me in too if its not too late. Im Raymond Terrace, Newcastle - so not too sure where you all are. I have RIR, and getting about a dozen eggs a day. Don't have incubator, but occasional clucky hen - or if anyone has incubator space or chicks that would be amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:00 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi everyone, we too are interested in this idea. We have a pen with a white silkie roo with partridge hens and a white hen once she has raised her chicks, one pen with Indian Game roo with Isa's, and a pen with an Ancona roo with ancona hens and a few x breds.
We are interested in white leghorns or possibly other colours, RIR and Corination Sussex. ALl large please, no bantams.
Pm me if interested in swapping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next