Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Fertile Egg Exchange Program - please read all swaps

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:24 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Hi all,

Wanted...fertile eggs for incubating.I did buy a dozen bantam wyandotte eggs but they are clear :? I have a dozen off Lotsakids and a dozen off a neighbour.I want at least 2 dozen more and dont care what they are although I would love some more wyandottes of any size.
My girls are not laying at the moment but I can swap you for plants or can give you a rain check until my Belgian D'uccles,D'anvers,Bantam Wyandottes or gorgeous Bantam Frizzle X start laying again.
I also have a couple of lovely Black Mottled Belgian Duccle Boys and a couple of Bantam Wyandotte Boys I would swap for eggs.
If you would like to swap for plants I have Red hot pokers,crimson or yellow giant pigface,Irises, large white dinnerplate size Dahlias,crocosmias,agapanthas and strawberry plants.

I could also hatch some eggs for someone locally if you have eggs to spare for me also.

ok thats it from me :thumbs:

Bantam Rosecombs Black
Japanese Bantams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:05 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

i am getting over a doz eggs a week out of our dark campbell pen and am willing to swap for any type of purebred chook eggs
there is 3 dark campbell ducks i khaki campbell duck a 1 dark campbell drake in the pen

i will have the following eggs available over the next few months
duck mallard , muscovy , khaki campbell , welsh harlequin , cayuga
large
sussex silver,light,speckled,buff
oeg rhode island red , minorca

will also have turkey eggs

others available as they come onto the lay
getting about 50 eggs a day

Last edited by starbuck on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Can I suggest something Mods? Would it be possible to start a new thread each breeding season, cause I started reading the Exchange Program offers from page 7, only to realise that they were from last year...

It might renew more interest if it was a new thread, so then the information was.... something.
Sorry, baby brain not working properly... :addicted:
Christine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:09 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

Christine, :) the idea of this thread has really taken off... i have put a note in the first post that people who are no longer interested in swapping to let us know, so we can remove their swap offers... that way we still have relvant swaps on the table. for all we know, people who adveritsed a swap interest a year back may still be looking! it would certianly help if people could do this.... also, members DO NEED to read through all the pages of swaps (and i know it could take a while) before you offer your own swap, there may be someone 1 page back who wants the same thing! if we were to ditch this thread now, we'd have to many unhappy campers.... :wink:

PLease, if youve made of offer in the past, and are no longer interested, send me a pm, and it'll help to make the thread alot easier to read!

thanks! HBG :hiya:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Fair calls HBG :thumbs:
And that would be why you are a Moderator... and not me :rofl:
Haven't read the first post since the thread was started so back to the beginning I go...
Christine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:33 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

Ok, so we have had a clean out of this thread, all double ups have been removed or merged... and a heap of offers that were no longer relevant have also been removed.

If you have an offer in this thread, please let us know whether it is still current, or if youd like it to be removed too... :thumbs:

thanks very much,

HBG
:hiya:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:58 pm 

This coming breeding season 2010, I am seeking the following fertile eggs :
Welsummer
Faverolle - any colour
Langshan - either
Speckled Sussex

To swap I have :
Silver Grey Dorkings
Aylesbury Ducks
Crossbreds (SG Dorking X Buff Cochin, SG Dorking X Indian Game)

I am located in NE Vic, but am happy to post.

http://kingvalleyfreerange.tripod.com

http://twitter.com/freerangepork

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref= ... 2097943882

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:13 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hi
I would like any purebred welsummer or barnevelder eggs.
Can swap purebred RIR or new hampshire.
Willing to post.
:)
Added September 21st.
Can supply barnevelder eggs now too. Not on here that often any more since work is busier. Please email lquirky@yahoo.com.au if you are interested. :thumbs:

Looking for purebred New Hampshire eggs as a fox has dined on my roo. Can swap for Barnevelder or RIR. Willing to buy if you don't want to swap.

I now have barnevelder and new hampshire available. Had to restart welsummers from scratch due to foxes again but pullets are just starting to lay. No longer have RIR.

Last edited by Rockych00k on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I have plenty of duck eggs from my Campbell ducks that i'm happy to swap, but i'm also very happy to buy fertile eggs, I'm after Light Sussex eggs, Large Australorp, Barnevelder, Wyandotte Bantams, Blue Orpington, Dorking.
Picture of the Duck Parents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:24 pm 

Wanted: Purebred silkies and RIR

Offering eggs from this pairing:

Rooster: Barnevelder x silkie
Hens: Australorp x
Andalusian x
Unknown x (it's all white) <-- 2 of them
RIR x

I know this seems unjust but I'm willing to put some money towards the ones I want as well. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Do you have Show Quality,Excellent quality birds - I would like to exchange eggs with you

PURE BREEDS ONLY, AND PURE COLOURS ONLY PLEASE.
I have extremely good quality eggs that will be able to be swapped from September onwards.

The breed birds I have are from the 'big names show breeder' in each breed and have been shown extensively at the Sydney Royal and regional shows.
I am friendly and honourable. :D
All boys not too related to girls unless done properly by line breeding etc.
Please contact me if you are interested to swap eggs - this is a fabulous idea.

HOW IT COULD WORK WELL
Each of us to super carefully ensure eggs are pure by seperating birds into breeds a full 20 days before starting to collect. Packing well and each pays the postage to the other. No eggs posted that are over 5 days of age and preferably at the beginning of a week so won't be delayed over a weekend at a post office.

Ideally I would need over 2 dozen eggs per breed so we would probably be looking at 3 postings unless you have large breeding pens the same size as mine. The reason for this is the lowered fertility by posting and that ideally would like to get more than a dozen birds out per breed. I would like even more if you can........

If you are in NSW we may also like to consider meeting half way - I am in The Southern Highlands. So I guess ideally I am looking to hook up and swap with someone with largish pens. For example in each breed I have between 6 and a dozen hens all excellent - in all seperated breed pens with a mightly fine rooster, and I always have at least one spare rooster as well.

I have (all large)
Superb John G Black Minorcas - Super winning bloodline from RAS. :thumbs:
Well speckled Black/white Anconas with great red combs -yellow spotted legs- Show Chmpion Ribbon winners.
Beautiful Welsummers - good size, well coloured and good laying line too - Ribbon winners.
Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Great combs - show quality for absolute sure.
Muscovy... Black /White colour.
White Runners...good refined bottle round shape - slim with high placed eyes

I am open to what you can offer but only interested in large breeds of the same quality, and you need to be able to supply the bigger quantity of eggs as above.

I do particularly like Speckled Sussex, Cochins, Australopes, Frizzles, Khaki Campbell, arunacanas, any breed crested - ducks or chooks!, Trout runners.
Please be assured though this is a rough list and I may be interested in your breed too!! :thanks:

Not interested in
:grouphug: RIR Barnevelders, Leghorns, or Bantams although they are lovely - just been there and done that before.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I may be interested, I have both large Australorps & Light Sussex, get back to me closer to spring :)
Cheers
Cai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I have some gorgeous show quality Msucovy eggs coming up at the end of the year and some lovely khaki campbells...darker version, top egg layers, can show pictures. I'm in the Riverina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

WYANDOTTES
In my breeding pens I have Large and Bantam Wyandottes!

Large
Blue
Partridge
Silver Pencilled
(Or a mix of the above)

Bantam
Red
CP and PB Crele

I would like to swap for
Large Silver Pencilled
Large Partridge
Large Crele

Check out my website
http://www.spottedwyandottes.webs.com
or email spottedwyandottes@hotmail.com for photos and other arrangements!

Last edited by The Spotted Egg on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:45 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Frizzles
I have some crested hens x frizzle fertile eggs that I would love to swap for some
pure breed Silkie or bantam pekin eggs.

I am in Langwarrin Vic
paulanddonnak@yahoo.com.au

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next