Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Fertile Egg Exchange Program - please read all swaps

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:45 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

I have khaki campbell x mallard eggs if anyone is interested?
I have tested the fertility and I am getting good fertility ( not had them hatch yet) but all are looking good. I can get 7 a week. not sure what they will look like as the first lot will be due just before Xmas.

If you think they are of interest let me know what you have to swap with. I will be interested in duck eggs, pure chook eggs, x chook eggs, but not OEG ones. Particularily would love some pure pekin bantams or Khaki or silkies. I don't have any chook eggs to swap just yet as they are not old enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

HI ALL IN CHOOKY LAND

I would like to play this swapping game.

I have available pure silkie
2 White roosters with 3 white hens, 2 partridge hens and 1 Buff hen.. Only getting a couple of eggs a day currently.

Also have.
Large Black Australorps, Araucanas ( mixed colours) Wyandottes SL and SLB plus Blue, Wheaton Marans.
MY WISH LIST.
Marans
Silkies in other colours
DB Plymouth rock
Araucanas
Orpingtons
all in large fowl only.
Located in bega

PM me

CHeers
Jenny

updated breeds available nov 2011

Last edited by jenny2550 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 am 
Clever Cockerel
Clever Cockerel

Jenny,

I have large Wyandottes in Blue Lace Silver and Silver Lace. If you are driving this way you are welcome to some. They are all from Micki's stock and I am not hatching anymore this season.

Cheers
Shayne

Double Lace Gold and Blue Laced Barnevelders, Large BLS. Gold. BLG and SL Wyandottes, Pekins in many colours, 3 Rabbit, 2 Horses, a cat, fish, a Llama, a Alpaca, a Kelpie, a Maremma and a patient husband
http://shoalhavenpoultry.com.au/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 am 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

I have Blackred Modern game eggs if anyone wants to swap for moderns,sebrights or muscovys.

stuart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I have some bantam araucana eggs that I would like to swap for silkies.

Very good fertility. Mostly hatching lavender and blue chicks with a couple of black and splash here and there. Roo and one hen are lavender, other hens are splash and blue.

Interested in any colour silkies as long as they're purebred.

Thanks
Naomi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi Guys ,
We now also have Coronation Sussex eggs to swap for other Sussex .
Cheers
Calders Chickens .

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Is anyone still doing this? I have a ecclectic mix. 4 roos free-ranging with silky and isabrown hens and some bitsas. 2 Roos are silky, one pure white and one pale caramel, sort of cream colour. A rooster that is silky cross and my main man is light sussex cross White leghorn cross isa brown and god knows what else, but he's beautiful. Some of the silky crosses are feathered with a pompom of feathers on their head. Some black, some white and lots of colours in between.They all free-range together so eggs are a true lucky dip.

Happy to swap for pretty much the same. Hubby has a fondness for partridge and I like frizzle but whatever is available. We have an incubator so cold not really an issue.

Has anyone ever successfully hatched a duck alongside chicks? I know they have slightly different temp requirements but might it be possible?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

I can have half a dozen Muscovy eggs for swap if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi Deb,
Do you have spare an Australorp rooster? I've got quality Barnavelder rooster to swap if you wish. :-)
Jian

Loner wrote:
Hi all
I have some quality purebred Australorp eggs and I'd love some nice Rhode Island Reds.
Also looking for a muscovy male, hatched or unhatched. Our neighbours ducks (2) moved into our dam and refused to go home
(8 months and counting). Really nice friendly ducks, hand fed twice daily but only produce unfertile eggs. I assume, both females,they eat me out of house and home.
I'd also like to exchange roosters regually to anyone between Kempsey and the Central Coast (I visit quite often).I get some quality roosters, but I have to send them to the chopping block as I can't find anyone to swap. I would much rather pass them on.
All free range.
Deb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Willing to swap pure bred Light Sussex fertile eggs for any of the following fertile eggs...

(Purebred only please)
- Plymouth Rock
- Corronation Sussex
- Pekin Bantam
- Silkie Bantam

I am in South Australia and happy to post eggs and would need eggs posted to me. I have some of my Light Sussex eggs in the incubator now and have candled and seen they are developing nicely. Will seperate off some of my 2 yr old girls from this years pullets to help with successful hatch rate for you as pullets may have less chance of good fertility at this stage.
If you are interested in a swap then please email me at farmerdj77@hotmail.com

Light Sussex, Coronation Sussex, Barnevelders, Plymouth Rocks, Pekin Bantams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:18 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

This is an interesting concept. Let's see how we go.

Location Adelaide Metro

I have some fertile duck eggs which I would like to swap for some fertile chicken eggs. The eggs I have are Muscovy Eggs and Appleyard eggs. They will only be few day old eggs as I have 4 ducks currently laying. Definitely fertile as I have some in the incubator at the moment and they all candled good after 5 days. These eggs will be from the same clutches as they have not stopped laying yet. Please email me what you have available. PM me if this interest you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:49 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I have a couple of my Blue Belgian D'uccle girls laying and would like to swap for some Bantam Gold Laced Wyandotte eggs if anyone has some.

Fertility in the Belgian pen has been excellent.

Bantam Rosecombs Black
Japanese Bantams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

I have a dozen mixed fertile bantam eggs from Rory's pen & The Pekin frizzle Pen available
see http://www.donnaschooks.com for more info

will swap for pure breed bantam wyandottes and pekins and silkies

Cheers

Last edited by chook crazy on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Silver laced Wyandottes and Blue Laced Wyandottes are laying, about 3-4 eggs a day.
Photos can be seen http://www.cavalblaze.com/apps/photos/?ss=11901167 These are over a Silver Laced Rooster.
Fertility is rapidly improving as they start getting in the swing of things. All first year layers, young healthy birds.
Got a few eggs in the incubator at the moment and 90% fertility rate.

Pekin Bantam eggs - Black hens over blue rooster. (Pet quality) Very Good fertility on these.

All are purebreed, happy to send 1/2 dozen -Dozen.

Interested in swapping for other breeds of fertile eggs. (No duck eggs)

Last edited by cavalblaze on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

I have some White Wyandotte Bantams eggs to swap if anybody is interested. They are from my last years pullets. They have not been crossed with any other colour or breed and I have had this same line for about 6 years.
My whites are show quality and are nice big healthy birds. I have 40 eggs in the incubator at the moment from them and I have candled them and 38 are fertile.

What I am after is Silver Laced, Blue Laced Silvers, Gold laced, Blue Laced gold or Buff Laced. I am only after bantams and they must be show quality.

I am happy to email photos off the whites if anybody is interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next