Information for posting in Wanted and Sales
Following these guidelines is a requirement for posting in this forum and it will also help you to have your post read by the most people. The Wanted & For Sale forum is for poultry advertisements only. Please do not post auction/sale announcements or business advertisements in Wanted & Sales. Duplicate posts are not permitted but pointer posts are allowed in certain circumstances.
Where should I post?
|I have some birds at home that I wish to privately advertise||Post about them in Wanted & For Sale|
|I have a poultry business and would like to advertise my business and related products||Post about it in Poultry-related business advertisements and discussion|
|I would like to advertise an auction||Post about it in Poultry Gatherings|
|I am taking some birds to a Poultry Auction but would like to post about them individually||Advertise them in a topic in Poultry Gatherings. If there isn't a topic about that auction yet, you may start one. You may post a link post in Wanted & For Sale to direct readers to your advertisement for the birds. A moderator will lock this link post.|
|I would like to tell people about some markets||Post about it in Poultry Gatherings|
|I would like to tell people about some birds I am taking to sell at a market. I do not have a poultry business.||Post about it in Wanted & For Sale OR in the appropriate market topic in Poultry Gatherings. Do not post in both. If there is a topic about that market in Poultry Gatherings that you would like to post in, then you may place a pointer post in Wanted & For Sale to direct readers to your advertisement. This pointer will be locked by a moderator.|
|I would like to advertise birds for sale at markets. I DO have a poultry business.||Post about it in Poultry-related business advertisements and discussion. You may post a pointer link post in Wanted & For Sales. A moderator will lock this link post but it will be there to direct interested readers to your advertisement.|
|Where can I advertise birds other than poultry?||Post in Other Birds Wanted & Sales|
Frequently Asked Questions
Please use this format in the title/subject line
|Can I post the same post in two areas?||No, duplicate posts are not permitted.|
|What will happen if I post in the wrong place?||A moderator will move your post to the correct area.|
|What is a pointer post?||It is a post that contains a short description of an advertisement in a different area and a link. Pointer posts made by members will be locked by a moderator.|
|How many posts can I make in Wanted & For Sale?||You may have three posts visible on the first page of Wanted & For Sale at any time.|
:Wanted / For Sale / Free - Description - Location - StateExample titles:
Wanted - Light Sussex hens - Sydney area, NSW
Wanted - Transport from Sydney, NSW to Melbourne, VIC
For Sale - Wyandotte pullets - Longford, VIC
Free - 2 roosters to good homes, Broome, WA
Expressions of Interest: Bantam Saxony Ducklings Shepparton VIC
* If you are listing Fertile Eggs
for sale please include the type of eggs, your location and whether you are willing to post eggs in the subject line.
* If you are requesting fertile eggs please also list in the subject line your location and whether you are willing to have them posted to you.
When making a post, you will need to choose a topic icon. It is a simple click at the top of the posting screen. Choose the most appropriate icon for your post.Notes
* There is a Fertile Egg Exchange Program here.
* There is information about poultry transport here.
* BYP also provides a Notice Board
where people can list their birds for sale.
* Feel free to check the Breeders Directory
before posting Wanted threads.
* It is also worth checking to see if there are any auctions coming up in your area in our Poultry Gatherings forum.
* The edit button is on the bottom right hand side of your post and allows you to edit the subject and body of your post.
* Titles can only be changed by editing the opening post.
* Please keep unrelated discussions to Other Poultry Talk. Comments by other members on the quality or standard of birds advertised will also be removed without notice.
* It is not appropriate to list other peoples telephone numbers without their permission.
* Please do not post in upper case. This is considered like SHOUTING and will be edited.
* Please don't post any more than 3 threads on the first page at a time.
* Members who consistently post incorrectly or ignore requests to edit posts may find their threads removed by moderators.