Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - White Pekin Hen Needs New Home

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi

I am looking to re-home one of my pet chickens who is having an ongoing issue with my favourite chicken. So this little white pekin hen (I named her Rachel, but she doesn't know that so you could call her anything you like!) is looking for a new home with another bantam flock...

Rachel is 2 y.o. and is, unfortunately for me, my best laying hen...she lays about 5 eggs a week through the laying season and is always the first to start laying and the last to stop.

She is quite robust, has never had any health problems and I bought her from 'Abundant Layers' in Emerald as a fully vaccinated day old chick. A broody hen of mine raised her outside so she isn't super tame, she will eat out of my hand, but she is not what I'd call friendly and I have to corner her if I need to pick her up. She won't peck me at all and is quite docile once I am holding her.

If you have a small pet bantam flock and you think you could give Rachel a nice home then please contact me on 0407 160 568 to discuss! Thanks Jess. (BTW I am located in Bayswater but I am happy to drive anywhere in Melb to deliver her to a good home...).

Attachments:
File comment: Rachel
Rachel.jpg
Rachel.jpg [ 60.29 KiB | Viewed 899 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Rachel still needs a new home...no one wants a free, nicely cared for pet chicken? She's quite sweet and I've separated her from the others so she is now lonely...wanting a new flock!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm 
Deluxe Drake
Deluxe Drake

She looks lovely, but I'm a bit far away. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:15 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi - if she is still available I am interested. I live in Gippsland but will be down Phillip Island way next week [Thur / Friday]. I live on a couple of acres and have about 30 other girls including a couple of Pekins. Let me know if this could work.

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi Andrew - I'm so sorry I didn't see your message...

I thought I had put up a thank you post already...I'm not entirely sure how to use this site and what do do to remove a post... My apologies - Rachel has found a nice new home with a little Belgian rooster as a friend...otherwise your offer would have been much appreciated and I would have happily driven her to your property!

Cheers
Jess