Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - SOLD Australorp Hens. Show lines. Warranwood, Victoria

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

SOLD. Thank you for your interest.

I have 3 outstanding heritage style Australorp hens for sale, as a bonded group. Asking $120 for the 3 hen lot. They're 2 years old (3 in January) and still laying a dozen eggs a week between the 3 of them. The wonderful thing about Australorps is that literature states they will live 6 - 10 years with good care, and these 3 girls have had the best care. Free range, fed premium feed (Talking Hens), whole grains plus lots of greens and organic scraps.

Ideally I'd like them to go to someone that will breed them as it would be a crying shame to see these excellent old style Australorp lines not continue. I'd be very interested in buying 3 young pullets in a year's time bred from these girls.

Right now, I'm keeping more chickens than the local council allows in my suburb and getting more eggs than I need and I'd really like to give someone the opportunity to breed these magnificent girls. One has just started going broody so it's the perfect start or it's very easy to interrupt her broodiness if it doesn't suit.

There are several photos to share but I could only upload one with this notice.

For more details, please message me on my mobile: 0402 120 001 or email: on.the.go@web.de

Attachment:
20201112_145447 (2).jpg
20201112_145447 (2).jpg [ 2.22 MiB | Viewed 91 times ]