Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Bright Green droppings and red skin

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:36 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hello, I am wondering if anyone could help me with what is going on with my 6 year old Croad Langshan Hen Lulu. I noticed she passed a worm and picked her up to worm her (used worm out) and noticed she has feather mites and most of her skin was quite inflamed looking. I also noticed she has diarrohea with bright green droppings. She has gone off her food and seems listless.

At the same time, I also noticed 2 of my leghorns (12months of age) have what appears to be blackish mites around their bottom area. . When I picked them last March 2020 I remember the lady saying oh no they have those Stick.... again but didn't quite hear all of what she said but presuming it was Stick Fleas? I said what did you treat them with? She replied Ivermectin and then drove off. I guess my question is could Mites Red or Tropical Mites, Stick Fleas, Feather Mites affect Chickens' droppings turning them a bright Limey green. Or would it be a liver problem? And what could I use to calm down her inflammed skin?
Thank you in advance