Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Post your Chook Poo Pictures Here!

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 am 
Great Game
Great Game

This particular example has been discussed further in the following thread:
Poo Question (photo)
Any questions or comments can be posted there.
Thank you :)

nickelette wrote:
Sorry if you've just had breakfast but when I went out this morning I found this on the roost of my nine week old NH named Chilli. Last week I lost my younger chick to cocci (I think) so Chilli had a five day course of sulaquin and a one day course of molasses which ended on Monday so she has been on plain water for two days. She still has an occasional sneeze and a very small amount of clear liquid from her nose which I assumed was a bit of flu following the cocci. Her eyes are clear and she doesn't appear to have lost any condition so I was hoping the flu would clear on it's own. She seems happy and is eating & drinking. She is still only eating grower pallets but I continue to try different treats until she gets use to them. She was free range most of Sunday and then free ranges for an hour or two in the afternoons but spends her days in the coop. I have noticed a fair bit of itching or preening. I have no idea if this is normal or not. I could see no evidence of lice or mites but gave her her first dusting of powder last night just incase. I also added some apple cider vinegar to her water last night to help with the flu symptoms.

Up until this morning her droppings have seemed normal from what I have read & seen on the forum. Any ideas what might have caused this and what I should do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:38 pm 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

Could someone with hatching chicks please post a picture of "normal" just-hatched poo in this reference thread.

There have been a couple of questions recently and it would be good to be able to refer to a photo.

Mods - feel free to delete this post once we have a photo :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:55 pm 
i never thought of that one. willsee if i am too late.

k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:04 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

Image Live worm in poop found on Sunday morning 4.1.09

Image Immature worms seen in more poop on Sunday morning 4.1.09

Image Dead worms galore in poop within 4 hours of worm treatment, Tuesday 6.1.09.

Last edited by Helenchook on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 pm 
good photos :!:

what was the treatment :?:

k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

Thanks Ruff.

The only treatment I could get hold of was Aristopet Wormenda. See details in post in Good Samaritan Medical Centre "What type of worm is this." Sorry, don't know how to put the shortcut to here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:31 pm 
Swan
Swan

photos are good. :biggrin: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:58 pm 
its a round worm. i have found these in large numbers can really knock the birds. in indian bantams they look leggy, pale snipey face. sometimes you can worm them with 3 different things and not get the worms to move, but once they do the chooks improve almost over night.

to actually give you a definite name to the worm or definite latin name you would have to take it to a parasitoligist.....not a vet....someone who cares.

k

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 pm 
Wise One
Wise One

Thanks Ruff, Ben. Will seek out a parasitologist site.
Yes, Chooks looks improved within 5 hours. Will weigh every 2 days to determine any weight gain and repeat medication in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:34 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Second photo below is a poo one of my broodies did yesterday. Have never seen anything like it. She seems perfectly well.

The photo doesn't show just how vivid the green colour was of the entire fecal matter, which was made up of lots of small lumps. The white bit was thick and creamy and very sticky - like drying paint (wet on the inside, plastic like on the outside). If you touched it and then pulled away, it wouldn't leave any trace on your hand.

Top photo is a little poo belonging to a young bird who recently had a touch of coxi.

Attachments:
coxi.JPG
coxi.JPG [ 20.58 KiB | Viewed 6243 times ]
paris alien poo.jpg
paris alien poo.jpg [ 25.35 KiB | Viewed 6243 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 pm 
that is perfectly normal for a broody. they can be bigger and smell terrible....my dog used to love them. i miss not having a dog to clean up the broody poos. :mrgreen:

k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:12 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Ruff, I only wish I could stop my dogs eating them :shock:

They love them, especially any that are particularly stinky and sloppy. Although some are reserved for rolling in first thing in the morning, shortly before getting on our bed. Puppy kisses sometimes aren't so fun anymore.

We've also just discovered that they love eating chick starter... was curious as to why they seemed to have become blimps overnight :roll:

Who could believe this guy would eat poo?

Attachments:
Crispin and Paris 50.jpg
Crispin and Paris 50.jpg [ 32.08 KiB | Viewed 6216 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 am 
Flock Master
Flock Master

This picture show you where worms can be found inside a chicken

http://gallery.backyardpoultry.com/show ... hoto=13259

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 pm 
sandy thanks for that but it missed one very important organ:

the eyes!
k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:25 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Ruff, you've got fantastic poo pics. Have you got any of worm eggs showing up obviously in a poo? I'm developing very strange fascinations here!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next