Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Light Sussex bantam - stopped laying, lame, scab on abdomen

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Thanks Guineafowl and Nostress. I know what you mean about stuff that's tempting but not good for them :-) But as the vet gave me permission to give her anything, even cheese, I am going to be guilt free for now! She's doing pretty well today but I'll buy mince and mealworms for her. I don't think she'll go for the Rickets diet. I had already tried something very similar, and she turned up her beak at it. Fingers crossed.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a tripawd Beagle mix, 2 Pekins, a Bantam Light Sussex, a Bantam Salmon Faverolles, a Bantam Australian Langshan, a hive of bees and a family of boys. And at the moment, 4 chicks... what sex will they be??¿¿¿¿

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:49 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

One of my girls loved cottage cheese and yoghurt (and the whey on real yoghurt is high in vit B) Both can gradually have some pellets mixed in later if the hen likes them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Sorry for the late reply (ha ha!) I did get a lamb feeder from the Melbourne Bird Clinic and she is fine now, although still a little lame. She is currently rearing her first chicks!

Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a tripawd Beagle mix, 2 Pekins, a Bantam Light Sussex, a Bantam Salmon Faverolles, a Bantam Australian Langshan, a hive of bees and a family of boys. And at the moment, 4 chicks... what sex will they be??¿¿¿¿