Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - PRICES ARE DOWN!!! Chook performance enhancer spice blend.

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again.

A few updates:

1) Although we thought they were lost in the mail - Australia Post came through at the last minute (albeit a week late) and the posted spice blends have all arrived at their destinations in tact!

2) I still have a few bags left.

3) I have worked out the cost of sending a bulk quantity - approximately 2.4 kg (would probably be closer to 2.5 kg) posted to your door (if Australia Post deliver in your area that way!) in a pre paid satchel would cost $63. You could either have the blend already mixed - or get approximately 400 gm of each spice, individually packaged.

That's the equivalent of 50 bags of spice mix for the price of 15 - and that INCLUDES the postage. :thumbs:

Alina.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again - UPDATE #2

I have been getting very good feedback and have now started getting repeat orders!! Apparently the "girls" miss having the spice blend in their morning mash!! :rofl:

Alina.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:06 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

AUSTRALIA POST UPDATE

After sending at least 25 packs of spice blend through the post without any problems - Australia Post has started returning them (unsent) to my PO box saying that they require 2 stamps each as they are considered a "large letter". The weight is fine, the dimensions of the envelope are fine, apparently it is slightly too thick!!

I have paid the extra postage on the last four to be sent - but in future - the price of the spice mix will now have to be $4.60 to cover the extra stamp!! Which is a shame as this was only intended to let people try them out for the least amount of $ - now the postage is 26% of the cost!!!

I will see if I can do something about this, but for the meantime - the price is now $4.60.

A very disappointed, Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:52 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Still a very good price for owners to try something new Alina. Good on you for making it available.
Barrabool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

ALINA,

i am really happy with the spice girls mix, I can see a difference. They have come out of a moult and are looking good and do love the warm mash and spice on a cold morning.

Lovely bodies, combs ,wattles and feathers and cheeky too?? hehehe :rofl:

Thanking you,

Regards,

Jacx ososbrowns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi Alina, my girls have come out of a moult very quick with this mixure there combs ,wattles have gone very red and there feathers have gone very nice looking with a shine and deeper colour, the eggs production has gone up by three times, I am sold on the mix there normal coming out of a molt has never been this quick.
Thanks Alina for putting us onto this, Cheers Ron.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:52 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again.

I have spent the weekend trying to repackage the spice mix to keep to Australia Post specs and I can't do it. :hmmm:

So, sadly, from next Saturday (July 28), the price of the spice mix will be $4.60

I will sell out the remaining bags at the old price and wear the postage cost, myself. So, if you have been looking for a reason to try this blend, now is your chance. Get it while it is still only $4

Alina.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:08 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Hi Alina, my spice blend arrived on Thursday, thanks and sorry about the postage cost that you had to pay extra.
One of my kids wondered if I was using the spice to marinate the chooks from the inside?
I will let you know how they go with it
cheers, Allison

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:32 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

i just want to pass on my and my mums appreciation for this Alina, the chooks are looking so much healthier and happier and they all run to meet me every morning for there morning mash!!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

medicmum aka Tracy

once we have gone through this lot i would definatley be intersted in the larger quanity!!

thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:00 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Has anybody tried the product with a blind study group side by side - i.e. half the chooks with and half without, photographic evidence of improvement in one and not the other??. So far 'results' show that birds moulting at normal mouliting time look better after a moult - which is within expectations.

Breeder of Exotic waterfowl, wild type Muscovy, Dutch bantams, Phoenix and Yokohama Fowls.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi DannyB.

The only study that I know of was done using mustard powder alone. Check the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8014123

My own evidence is empirical - I have noticed a difference in my chooks depending on what I feed them (especially noticeable with the garlic). I think most people who have chooks because they love them, spend a lot of time looking at them and noticing if anything changes (I know I do).

There is also a lot written about placebo effects (especially for things like Rescue Remedy, etc) - all I know is that I feel happier giving my chooks the spice blend and my chooks appear (to me) happier and healthier for having had it!!

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

How old should they be to start including this poultry spice in their wet mash? Should I wait till they are coming into lay? I am thinking of getting 8-10 week old pullets so wondered if they were too little to include this.

Thanks for any views
Bobkat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi Bobkat.

As my chooks free range, the chicks that are with their mums get to eat the mash with the spice blend in it every morning. They have been doing this since they were hatched. It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on them. Quite the reverse - they run to eat the mash before mum even knows what's going on! :chicks: I have chicks aged between 8-16 weeks all of which get spice blend in their mash every day.

I don't think it matters how young you start them off as long as you introduce the spice blend gradually and keep a eye out for any changes and adjust their feed accordingly.

These same chicks also eat heaps of garlic and drink lots of apple cider vinegar (in their water) - I'm going to be trying them on kelp next!!

Good luck with your new pullets.

Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:23 pm 
Ol' Bustard
Ol' Bustard

My pullets start on my spice blend from as early as I can give it to them. I don't feed prepared commercial food to any of my birds, hence no cocciostat. I have never had coccidiosis problems at all and I put this down to the spices used.

The Battles Group (makers of the UK product, Poultry Spice) also claim that it's excellent for rearing young poultry and I'd have to concur.

Linz :)

[i]A lot of Andalusians. Anconas in Standard and Bantam PB Black Leghorns in Standard
and Bantam, Derbyshire Redcaps, Light Sussex Bantams.
[/i]
____ __ _______ _ _ _ ______ _ ________ _ _ _ _____

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again.

I have just started a thread for the sale of this spice blend in bulk quantities: 450 gm and 1 kg

Check out the link:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8015380

Alina.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next