Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - PRICES ARE DOWN!!! Chook performance enhancer spice blend.

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi Took Took.

Glad you finally found it!

I saw a bit of the "Dr Oz" show the other day - apparently Fenugreek is now one of the anti-aging wonder herbs/spices!! Too good to use just for the chooks alone!! Fenugreek seeds, capsules or tea can keep you looking and feeling younger (so that you have enough energy to chase after your chooks ...LOL...)

Cheers, Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again.

I have just mixed up a fresh batch of spice blend and it smells delicious. Especially on these cold morning in the chooks warm mash ...Yumm!!

I have lots available if any one wants/needs it.

I have had quite a few enquiries as to whether or not I am still selling it - the answer is a resounding YES. :yess
I have been busy with other projects and have not been posting (on BYP) as much as I used to. But I am definitely still selling the spice mix.

Australia Post have put up there charges and the cost of the bulk spices has gone up. I have had to pass on the Australia Post charges, but I have kept the price of the spice mix the same as last year.

Price for the sample pack is still $4.60 and that includes posting to anywhere in Australia.

420 gms of spice mix is still $15 - postage is now $8.25 (total price for the posted spice mix is $23.25)

950 gms of spice mix is still $27 - postage is now $13.40 (total price for the posted spice mix is $40.40) Don't forget that with this postage price you can fit up to 3 kg into the one satchel for the same postage price of $13.40 - I am happy to make the spice mix up into individual 950 gm lots and post them as one item if, for example, you and two friends want to share the cost of the postage.

I do not charge for packing and handling - I simply pass on the prices that Australia Post has stipulated.

Cheers.

Alina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hello Alina

I am also new to the chook world and already I know it is addictive.
I have read through other posts and noticed you suggested to Sydney Chicks to add it into mash? My birds are only new from the cage so I am not feeding them scraps yet as I was told to keep them on layers mash, will this be ok to add?
I am currently feeding mine through PVC pipe with one cup of feed and half cup shell grit (have had a few soft shells).
I was wondering if I could give them some rolled oats porridge and mix your spice mix in with it for their breakfast? It is getting pretty cold.
Apologies for all the questions, but I want to ensure I am doing it right.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm 
Ol' Bustard
Ol' Bustard

Gina, it's not a great idea to mix shell grit in with their feed. You'll probably get an imbalance the other way.

Let them choose what grit they require (they do know) by giving them constant access to grit in a separate tray/feeder.

If you want to make a soft wet mash (the only way to feed the spice mix) then yes, you can make a porridgy type of affair with oats but again, you may affect the balance of their feed. Oats are not the best feed for laying birds. Low protein etc.

You could give them a soft feed of their laying pellets or better yet, get a bag of Laucke Showbird-Breeder Micropellets (MP) and mix than up with some warm water and spice mix, about a teaspoon per 10 hens.

Linz :)

A lot of Andalusians. Cockerel Breeder Brown Leghorns. PB Blue Leghorns PB Black Leghorns,
Working on Isabella Leghorns. Beautiful Anconas.
____ __ _______ _ _ _ ______ _ ________ _ _ _ _____

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:15 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

I'm certain I'm a bad chook mama !

Okay, seeing as I am also feeding the local pigeon/dove population I will throw that out onto the grass area and just refill their feeder with the food only, and a little ice cream container with the grit.
I will buy the MP this weekend, I'm certain my local CRT will have it. I will give it to them whilst awaiting the spice mix.
Thanks for your advice!
:th

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

PRICES HAVE ACTUALLY COME DOWN!!!!

ALINA'S ORIGINAL CHOOK PERFORMANCE ENHANCER SPICE BLEND - now even more affordable.

After lengthy discussions with my supplier, I am finally able to offer bulk quantities of my spice blend at a greatly reduced price. 420 gms is now only $12 (was $15) and the 950 gms is now only $22 (was $27). My prices have not gone up in over 2 years and now they are actually coming DOWN!!

What does my spice mix do?

(1) My spice mix is a general, all round tonic that you add to your chooks' morning mash.
(2) My spice mix helps speed up feather regrowth (either during moulting or in rescue chooks that have lost their feathers due to battery conditions).
(3) Chooks do not lay when they are re-feathering, faster re-feathering means that your chooks start laying eggs sooner - so my spice mix helps to promote egg laying (also works for chooks that are not laying for reasons other than re- feathering).
(4) Increases egg production - quantity wise (especially during the winter months).
(5) Helps control/eliminate internal and external parasites and worms.
(6) Helps prevent respiratory problems (something that chooks are prone to).
(7) Encourages chooks to eat (chooks can be picky eaters and may need coaxing to eat things like pellets - my spice mix added to the pellets, makes them more appetizing).
(8) My spice mix tastes delicious!! IT IS MADE FROM 100% FOOD GRADE SPICES AND CAN BE SAFELY USED IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN. (I have had heaps of recipes sent to me by people using the spice mix - from scrambled eggs to roast leg of lamb ...LOL....)
(9) It is made from natural, non-toxic ingredients - very important if you are eating the eggs (or eating the chooks for that matter)
(10) My spice mix does NOT flavour the eggs.

These are just off the top of my head. Most of these claims are based on empirical evidence gathered over the last two years. I don't know that anyone has tested the mix to find out what it actually does, but from the reports that I have had back and from the repeat sales, people are very happy with the results. Once someone has tried it, they are more than happy to recommend it to others.

60 gms sample packs are also available for $5.50 (that price includes the cost of postage to anywhere in Australia). Okay - I forgot to put in the postage costs! Sample pack of 60 gms is $5.50 (which includes the cost of postage) - if you want to pick up, the sample bag is only $4.00 The 420 gm pack is $12 plus an additional $8.25 for postage to anywhere in Australia in a pre paid 500 gm satchel (that is the actual cost of the satchel - I do not charge any extra for packaging and handling). The 950 gm pack is $22 plus an additional $13.40 for postage (in a 3 kg pre paid satchel) - remember you can fit up to 3 x 950 gm packs into the same 3 kg satchel.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:51 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hello again.

Please look at my latest listing - the one that announces that prices have actually come down!! Yes, after 2 years of no price increase, the price of bulk quantities of spice mix has actually come down!!!!

Details are also listed on FB and on the noticeboard.

Alina.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:22 am 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

avtycoon I'll look out for you at Kyneton tomorrow if I make it (assuming you will be there as usual). Only after a couple more sample pack size at this stage - if I don't see you there I'll PM you re payment/address etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:25 pm 
Deluxe Drake
Deluxe Drake

An update: I use this spice mix straight (no flour added) and add a tablespoon (3 teaspoons) to my birds' mash that they get once a week. It is shared between sixteen bantams plus whatever chicks are growing out. My birds love their mashies and I feel there was an improvement in their condition when I started using it.

I have fed them this mash as frequently as 4 times a week with no apparent ill effects. If anything I get more eggs. It is also great for hiding medications in as when the mash is put in front of them they don't ask questions!

P.S. The spice mix may not flavour the eggs, but I reckon it flavours the chooks. I have had people swap me a whole processed leghorn for a Pekin cockerel because they enjoy the taste of my birds so much. Lovingly marinaded from the inside out. :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:47 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Hello Avtycoon,

I have been reading about your spice mix for some time now and I would like to give if you still have some available. Could you please PM me the details..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm 
Deluxe Drake
Deluxe Drake

I bought a somewhat industrial quantity of spices from Alina a while back now, and they're still in enthusiastic use.

I give my chickens a mash made from their pellets and add to this the spice mix, some garlic granules, vitamins and meat meal, and the chooks love it.

I tried giving the same mash to my Japanese Quail but they didn't seem to know what to do with it (quail are not the geniuses of the bird world). Recently I tried mixing the above additives with a big serve of their crumbles and just tipping it dry into the feeder. This seemed to be quite acceptable, as it vanished at about the usual rate that their food does.

I was getting two or three eggs a day from the quail pen. The day after I fed the quail this mix, I got three eggs. The next day four eggs, the next day five eggs! I should at this point mention that I have three adult quail hens. Mr Shairlyn will attest to the production levels. We started looking askance at Old Yellow the cock.

So I am even more a fan of Alina's spices. Get some into your birds!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:27 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

The dumb ass Guinea Fowl dont know what to do with it either Sharilyn, they think it is going to eat them... :rofl:

I feed it to my chicks from day old and it definitely boosts their immune systems and makes them really strong..

Interesting that they still eat it dry with their pellets, good for the adults that I cant make mash for.

I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:26 pm 
Deluxe Drake
Deluxe Drake

I haven't tried feeding it to my chicks; I might have to give it a go. The chicks and the quail all eat Lauke Red Hen Chick, which has no coccidistat, and the spices seem to coat the crumbles nicely.

Three quail eggs the day before yesterday and five yesterday, one very hot off the press. Still the same three hens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:52 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi Alina,

I have sent a couple of PM's but they appear stuck in my outbox and are not showing as sent..

I would like to grab 3 or 4 bags of the spice mix to try for molting girls and a new batch of chicks.

Please PM me or reply to one my PM's if they have indeed been sent.

Ta.