Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Chooky embroidery designs for clubs or individuals, see pics

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 am 
Hello there.

I don't know if this is the right area to start this topic, but here goes.

I do not run a business, but have recently bought myself an embroidery machine and now sell some of my pieces. See below for pics of a few of the designs that I have been working on.

I have access to over 85,000 designs (not all chook related ...LOL... although I do have a lot of chooks, ducks, geese, turkeys and even peacock designs available).

Prices vary depending on the quality of the "blank" item to be embroidered, the complexity of the design, the number of colours used and the number of colour changes required. Please contact me for a quote.

Happy to work with poultry clubs or organizations to get that something special for your next auction or show.

The designs below are fairly simple - more complex, realistic designs are available (so far I have been able to track down Araucanas, jungle fowl, cochins, RIR's etc... still on the hunt for others).

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 am 
Some more pics:

I know that if these were really Araucana eggs, then the chicks wouldn't have orange legs!!! Let's just assume that they are Araucana crosses ...LOL...

Please note that all these pics were produced using a scanner - the process tends to wash them out a bit and the items "in the flesh" look much more vibrant.

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Just beautiful avtycoon,
Well done, I can just imagine/know all the work put into these, you must have the prettiest kitchen in Australia :smile blink
Will make lovely gifts too. Best of luck :croww
Barrabool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am 
Hi Barrabool.

Thanks for the kind words. Don't know about the prettiest kitchen, certainly the most cluttered! The embroidery machine lives on the kitchen table a.t.m. along with the overlocker, a quilting machine and a straight sewing machine and poor John (a.k.a. Superhubby) is too scared to pick up a tea towel in case it is one I have for sale. :rofl:

Either that or it is a clever ploy of his never to wipe the dishes again :thunk

Will post more pics as they come of the presses - or in this case, off the embroidery machine.

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 am 
Hello there.

This is last night's effort. Nothing to do with chooks. I had spent the day following the plight of the importation syndicate and wanted nothing to do with chooks for a while.

Hope you like it.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 am 
Phoenix
Phoenix

They are lovely think I might need to start saving for some :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 am 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

Lovely. A friend embroidered a couple of hand towels for me & I really appreciate them. :) I'd like to send a pic of last night's effort to my quilting sister if you don't mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:18 pm 
Hi Cackles.

Please feel free to share the pic. Or better yet, buy the tea towel ...LOL....

The quilting embroidery design pictured is set on a top quality 100% Egyptian cotton waffle tea towel (55cm x 75 cm). The design itself is approximately 12cm x 17cm. It uses 16 colours and has 27 colour changes with a total of 35,700 stitches!!

Price for this tea towel is $20 and that includes postage to anywhere in Australia.

Macl27 - I forgot to mention that prices start from $8.

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Great project and wish you well. Best half already interested as presents and will be in touch. How could you possibly attribute such a thought to poor hubby. We don't think like that do we : :hiding

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:58 pm 
Hello again.

I have just had an enquiry about the rooster with the pitchfork, so while waiting to see what happens with the syndicate, I thought I would elaborate.

This is Reginald Rooster - he is part of a set of 8 similar designs. The others are:

Ferdinand Rooster

Felicity Hen

Reba Hen

Lyle Rooster

Magda Hen

Melvin Rooster

and Layla Hen (I always thought she was holding a whip, but I think it is a lasso).

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hi Alina,

They look stunning, keep up the great work. You had better get busy as people will be looking soon for Xmas presents..................... :doh
Emma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm 
Golden Cockatoo
Golden Cockatoo

alina,
how clever, they aer beautiful

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

How lovely.

Can you create your own designs from a graphic?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:43 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

They are gorgeous Avtycoon,
really love Reba and Magda the hens- love the cowboy boots and outfits, so creative :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 am 
Hello again.

I can't take any of the credit for the designs (apart from buying them ...LOL...)

Chicken07 - I eventually hope to get some digitizing software and do my own designs - unfortunately the outlay for this is around the $1500 mark. So it wont be any time soon.

Last night's effort (see pic below) is one of a group of four. This one is gardening, there is a fishing one, a camping one and a beach one. I thought I would do all four - not so. This one design took so long and was sooooo fiddly that I am only going to do the others if I have orders!!!

It is over 35.000 stitches, uses 18 individual colours and has a massive 29 colour changes - hence the fiddly part.

Cheers.

Alina.