Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Chooky embroidery designs for clubs or individuals, see pics

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 pm 
Hello again.

These are the other designs in the series (the ones that I will only do if I get an order for them ...LOL...)

Alina.

Camping

Beach

Fishing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 am 
Just bought some new designs over the weekend. Here they are (or some of them at least!)

Alina.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

Oh Alina!

I love the last 3 most of all!

Can't wait for christmas when I can order some!

:-D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:09 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Hello Alina,

what other things do you do with your embroidery apart form tea towels. They are just fantastic, I too would like to get some items for Christmas. Would you let us all know please.

I cannot stitch a thing, I am hopeless, hated sewing at school and still do. My poor old mum(passed away many years ago) used to sew for the royal family in UK in the 1930's, beads ,pearls, lace etc on evening dresses... (I also had a cousin 2nd who used to dye ostrich feathers for the rich and famous in the 1920's. ) I guess it wasn't in my genes, heheh.

Thanks again for your lovely designs,

Jacx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:39 pm 
Hello again and thanks for the kind words.

I have been using tea towels as they are good quality, reasonably priced and easy to post. They are also something practical that most people need to replace from time to time and they make ideal gifts.

Same with face washers (was cloths), hand towels and towels. I have started small and have not attempted anything as ambitious as say, a queen size quilt.

I can embroider on most anything as long as the carriage is free to move (as I found out when I tried to embroider on a polo shirt sleeve and sewed the sleeve shut instead!!).

So anything you can think of can be embroidered. T-shirts, shirts, scarves, table linen, handkerchiefs, pillowcases, cushion covers, etc.................... The list is almost endless.

I can also just embroider a piece of fabric if someone wants to do their own project with it. Or just do a sample on calico type material that can be used as a card - like the one in the pic below that I made for a friend's birthday.

The limit is basically your imagination - even items that are too heavy to be embroidered can have an embroidery patch attached!

As to Christmas - at this rate, everyone is saying they will be ordering for Christmas! Only problem is that some of these designs take over an hour to do and there never seem to be that many hours left in the build up to Christmas!! So I may have to have a cut off date for Christmas order that will be something like no more orders after 1 st December! Leave it with me.

Alina.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:37 am 
Hello again.

I have just managed to make it on to Facebook (no mean feat given the age of my computer and the level of my computing skills!)

Anyway, I now have an album with additional designs on Facebook if you want to have a look at them.

Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 am 
Made my first sale! :woot:

Alina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 am 
Have just received the Christmas catalogue from the embroidery design people!!!! :aaah!

I knew you had to plan for Christmas fairly early, but apparently for those into embroidery Christmas starts in July!!! :aaargh:

If the people who have been doing this for years start that early - then I had better get my skates on.

Taking Christmas orders now.:addicted:

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:11 pm 
Hello again.

Just got an email reminding me that there are only 155 days left to Christmas!!!

At an average of one embroidery item per day and say allowing 2 weeks off for posting stuff at Christmas time, and 10% off for "unforseen circumstances" :aaargh: - that means that I can only complete around 125 items (give or take a few).

Please get your orders in as soon as possible. :th

Alina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 pm 
Bump!

For some reason I got knocked off the new posts after only a few minutes there!

Alina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:28 am 
Okay. I got knocked off the new posts again after only a few minutes!!

When does the new posts site get updated?? It seems to be a random thing. Does anyone know and if they do would you please tell me what the "rule" is. I thought it was all the posts within the last 24 hours - apparently not so.

Alina.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

View new posts shows posts made since your last login.

If you log out and back in again the list should be empty.

What you see will be different to what others see.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 am 
Thanks for that Chicken07.

That makes a lot of sense to me now ...LOL.....

Cheers.

Alina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:24 pm 
Have just bought the first of my Christmas designs. Can't wait to get started on them. They will be going on white, 100% Egyptian cotton (waffle) tea towels for the time being. These tea towels are excellent quality and some of the best cotton tea towels around.

This cat design (I know it's nothing to do with chickens, but I like it) has 12 individual colours, 16 colour changes and takes 23,000 stitches.

This chick design is 10 colours, 14 colour changes and 21,000 stitches.

Cactus design is 12 colours, 12 colour changes and 23,000 stitches.

If you would like to buy any of these tea towels, they are all $20 each (that price includes posting to anywhere in Australia). This is a special, pre Christmas price. If you want to order these for Christmas and secure the special price, all I need is a 50% deposit.

Alina.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:40 am 
Hello again.

I forgot to mention that the discount offer on the three previous designs is only on till the 1st August - after that, postage is $2.00 and the tea towels are $22 each.

I will be having a stall at the Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival in September - not quite sure where yet. :aaargh: Before then I need to get some stock together, so I will be doing "runs". That means that I will be doing the same design multiple times. I will feature the current design here and these designs will be discounted (and have free postage) till I finish the run and start the next design - then they will be back to full price and the next "new" design will be discounted. If you order the design and pay the deposit, the discount price and the free postage applies.

My latest (I couldn't resist this design and it looks stunning on a pure white tea towel). I only have enough rayon in these colours to do about 5 of these. This design is 17.5cm W x 9.7 cm H, 10 individual colours, 16 colour changes and 24,000 stitches.

Discount price is $20 per tea towel (this includes postage to anywhere in Australia), after the run, postage will be $2 and the price of the tea towel will revert to $22. If you want this design on your own item, cost for the design (alone) is $13 for the first item and $12 for each subsequent item (if ordered and paid for at the same time).

Alina.