Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - 5 Tier Brooder

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 5 Tier Brooder
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

tg451 wrote:
I really like these, any chance of some more photos? would like to see the waterers, floor mesh size, etc...

This next picture shows the watering system a little better. The large water tank sits on top of the entire assembled unit and gravity feeds the water, into each tier, into a pair of self waterer nipple cups for the chicks.

At the rear of each tier you will see the waterers which sit behind the heater's and they don't get hot back there as the heat is dissipated forward.

If you look carefully on the floor of the second tier you can see a couple of the black plastic tailored mats (far left and far right) that we added.

Under each tier you can see the main large black catching tray (that just slides out) which collects all of the faeces filtered by the two plastic floor sections.

We added our own water switches to each tier which stops the water flowing into unused tiers. The manufacturer in Europe reckoned that was a great idea and will use it as an option for future units.

What we really like about the system is that you can very simply clean each tier individually while you are growing out your chicks.
At the end of the season you can simply remove the lamps and heater units, and even the front feed trays, put the unit outside and water blast and disinfect it for use for the next season. Works for us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Absolutely fabulous! I love the way it's easy clean and the chicks can't escape.

Now I just want to know if I'd have to mortgage the house to get one. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:31 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

I think in the original post Ross quoted around AU$1400 for the 5 tier like he has.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

blucalypt wrote:
I think in the original post Ross quoted around AU$1400 for the 5 tier like he has.

With the AUD a little higher than expected against the Euro at the moment it is closer to about AUD$1500 for a 5 Tier unit. That's about $300.00 per tier which is exceptional value. The frustration is the waiting time as the order bank is rather large as they are so popular.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Three people from this site have now ordered units (2 x 5 Tier and 1 x 3 Tier) through us as the Australian Agent which is great. For privacy reasons no names can be given, but they can inform you themselves if they wish.

Just an update on the current pricing on these units for Australia with the current rate of the Euro € verses the AUD $.

5 Tier Unit $1495.00 + delivery fee
4 Tier Unit $1350.00 + delivery fee
3 Tier Unit $1195.00 + delivery fee
2 Tier Unit $995.00 + delivery fee

All units come unassembled and now include a set of four heavy luggage wheels for easier movement within your brooder area.

Delivery and the fee is at cost and is from Gold Coast - Qld to any Australian destination via either UPS, Australia Post Courier or a reputable carrier depending on your destination.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Another 3 Tier has been ordered by a well known breeder (in BYP) from Country NSW. They are pretty good value for money.
Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:56 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

I ordered one of the 5 tier brooders which arrived late last week, because of other commitments I was unable to assemble it until this week. I found that when clipped together the plastic units were very strong and this strength was only increased once the frames were added. Construction was simple just follow the instructions that were written by Wendy Summerell and you can't go wrong, the main thing to remember is to line up the arrows on the plastic and it will all fall into place.

Each tier is just over half the surface area of the galvanized brooders that can be brought on the market (GQF). This gives ample room for what I need, with the added advantage of access from the front and being able to easily reach the back for catching the birds. As mentioned earlier they look as if they will be easy to clean and can be wheeled around to store out of the way.

My first lot of chicks went in today and I look forward to using a much easier brooder set up than the dogs breakfast I have been using in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:51 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Lazy wrote:
I ordered one of the 5 tier brooders which arrived late last week, because of other commitments I was unable to assemble it until this week. I found that when clipped together the plastic units were very strong and this strength was only increased once the frames were added. Construction was simple just follow the instructions that were written by Wendy Summerell and you can't go wrong, the main thing to remember is to line up the arrows on the plastic and it will all fall into place.

Each tier is just over half the surface area of the galvanized brooders that can be brought on the market (GQF). This gives ample room for what I need, with the added advantage of access from the front and being able to easily reach the back for catching the birds. As mentioned earlier they look as if they will be easy to clean and can be wheeled around to store out of the way.

My first lot of chicks went in today and I look forward to using a much easier brooder set up than the dogs breakfast I have been using in the past.

Thank you so much for the kind words about our Brooders.
We think they are fantastic for poultry breeders. We now have several for our own use.

The biggest problem we have with them is supply as they are so popular in Europe.
We have notification that six more various sizes are being delivered by our import agent on Monday, 4th November.
One of these, a 5 Tier Unit, at this stage is unsold and is available.

We also will announce a little website in the next few days that shows the products we have available.

Some exciting products are arriving in two weeks and these are for the Quail Keepers. They feature a full egg roller system and being strong plastic they are a breeze to keep clean and won't corrode.
We hope that they will make great Christmas presents. At this early stage we have not announced a price in $AUD, but they will be very reasonable.
Thanks,
Ross

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I'm impressed! A 2 tier unit would be ideal as i hatch out small quantities of meat birds, around 20 at a time.
How easy are they to clean?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Janniwan wrote:
I'm impressed! A 2 tier unit would be ideal as i hatch out small quantities of meat birds, around 20 at a time.
How easy are they to clean?

Hi, Cleaning in very simple. It takes us about 10 minutes to clean down each tier after a hatching.
It's as simple as removing the three faeces filter mats, hosing them down after a scrub in a minor disinfectant. Wiping over the main floor, and removing the undercarriage waste collector and giving that a hose down.
If you are not using the unit, you can simply remove the Heater Controls, hose the Tier Unit down and store it until the next season of hatching.

Above is 2 Tier Unit and these, as well as the 3 Tier are ideal to place on a table for ease of use. Many people just don't add the wheels on.

I have just placed an order for 3 x 3 Tiers and 1 x 5 Tiers that will be shipped to us before Christmas, which are all pre-sold. If you want to tag onto the order please message me and I can give you a Freight Delivery quote as well. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I'm in no rush Ross, because i am all set for this year, but i will get in touch with you early next year in advance for the next season, if you are going to continue importing them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Hi,
Two more Three Tiers, one Four Tier and three Five Tiers, plus 6 assorted Quail Pens were all delivered to the transport depot early this morning for Christmas gifts for lucky people.

Due to their amazing popularity in Europe the current stock now is very low but we will have fresh stock, hopefully, in mid-December and then late January 2014.

Merry Christmas,
Ross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:33 pm 
Discerning Duck
Discerning Duck

Ross, I will be purchasing a 5 tier from you some time next year for the 2014 breeding season.

I was thinking about getting the GQF brooders but yours look so much easier to clean.

I would also be interested in the quail set up also.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:38 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Lawton Park wrote:
Ross, I will be purchasing a 5 tier from you some time next year for the 2014 breeding season.

I was thinking about getting the GQF brooders but yours look so much easier to clean.

I would also be interested in the quail set up also.

Daniel,
Usually we keep the 3 and 5 Tiers in stock, as I ordered extra from Europe, but they are now all sold. The next stock available won't be until mid January 2014.

Quail systems are still available. We were rather surprised at how well they were accepted in Australia.

We just hope that the $ AUD doesn't get too low against the € EU. The Euro has had a resurgent in the past seven days, so we monitor that very closely. For an importer that adds to the costs, especially the killer air freight.

Regards, Ross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

Just looking at these again Ross. Is each level of the brooder 3 seperate compartments, or 1 continuous one? Or can it be either? Can you please give me the dimensions of the 5 tier brooder so I can get an idea of how big each system is? I'm thinking I should order one early for next season if they are going to be in short supply. How do i contact you please?