Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Poultry Transport UPDATED

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:24 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Transporter who may be able to move poultry for you. Add any updates or information to the topic and we can updated this first post.

Dog Movers - the Pet Transport People

ANITRANS TRANSPORT

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

David Hartwig
Can be contacted on the following numbers, 07 41684662 or 0427 032100 or poultrypals@bordernet.com.au
and http://www.poultrypals.com.au/

b and p wrote:
David Hartwig and his wife are brilliant for transporting. Great rates and a nice friendly door to door service.

My buyers will happily recommend him as do I.

tonyk wrote:
I used David Hartwig, from Qld to Sydney, and the birds arrived healthy and well looked after. I would add my highly recommended for the Hartwigs as well

Heijo wrote:
Just thought I would back up the Praise for David Hartwig and his transport.

He was recommended to me by the breeder of the birds I was buying, convenient that they were both located in Kingaroy.

Not only did David do a wonderful, well priced trip for my birds, he actually held my birds for me at his home for 3 days so that they could make the trip as the breeder was away....

My birds arrived safe and well, with phone calls to let me know where and when to expect him...the birds were given Probiotics in their water, to help with the stress...

I DON'T Believe you will find better for your birds !!

The Trip involved was from Kingaroy QLD to Moss Vale NSW...

David Prefers email to lonepine@bordernet.com.au.

if you are considering David...Book early as he is getting much sought after!!!

Heidi

Poultry Gal wrote:
:D I have just used David Hartwig to collect poultry for me from Victoria (Kirribindi farm) all the way up the east coast to Townsville. He had several stops and collection points on the way, not only for me but other people too. Very reasonable rates and poultry all well cared for. His new phone numbers are 07) 416 846 62 or 0413302886 or email poultrypals@bordernet.com.au :D :D

muscovy jase wrote:
hi ,
i just had a couple of birds delived from qld, right down to me near the victorian border, i used hartwigs transport, birds arrived in great nick,

i would use them again anytime

jase

spots_n_stripes wrote:
I also just had some birds transported from vic to nsw. All the birds including chicks arrived in good condition, and I would thoroughly recommend Hartwigs transport to anyone wanting a reliable transporter for their poultry.

tonyk wrote:
just used David Hartwig again, this time from Geelong to Katoomba. The birds arrived in impeccable condition, the price very reasonable. David, with his curtious and very prompt replies to enquiries. What more might I add!

terannie wrote:
Yes and I also highly recommend David Hartwig for transport of birds.
He took some for me from Sale Vic to Bendigo. Arrived safe and well.

OPPR wrote:
I can also highly recommend David Hartwig. He has moved birds for us from here in SE Qld to north Qld and southern NSW. My clients have always be very happy with the way their birds arrived.
OPPR

rayan wrote:
I have just used David Hartwig to transport eight large birds. I am very impressed. It couldnt have been any easier. Very reasonable price too. I will use him again without hesitation.
Wish everything in life was that straightforward!

muscovy jase wrote:
i used hartwigs , to transport 2 muscovy ducks ,from se qld , thay arrived in top condition ,

david does a great job ,

regards jase

Poultry Gal wrote:

David Hartwig may have changed his transport business name to PTSEC but the same good quality service is still there. His crates are clean and well aired, the chooks are given 5 star treatment as they travel. David stops frequently to water, feed, rest and check on the poultry. He will transport all types of poultry, chooks, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, pea fowl and the list goes on. He understands the needs of all the poultry he transports and caters to them
Thank you so much for the great service David
Collette Donner

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Dog Movers
http://www.dogmovers.com.au/

Flick wrote:
Dog Movers
I have used these guys a few times for dog's and cats they will also take poultry and other assorted farm animals.
Prices were quite good as I have had them from Brisbane to Sydney and visa versa, animals arrived very happy and contented. The van arived very clean and no smells either.
The web site includes pick up points and drop off areas so if your like me and don't like motorways there is usually a safe point to meet them.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:07 am 
Nifty Duck
Nifty Duck

Scott Baldwin's Transport Service
scottbal@tpg.com.au or Ph: 0419 663 429

Runs from Brisbane Sydney are monthly
Runs from Brisbane Cairns are every 2 months
Runs Brisbane, Sydney Melbourne are every 2 months.

These runs could become more regular to any of these places if the full loads are there

flipacro wrote:
Huge thumbs up for scott's (scooter5) transport.

Absolutely fantastic set up - he's trailer is to die for - and anyone who has seen my set up, knows due to bryans talents I have pretty high standards. The birds were immaculately clean, as were the pens and are kept perfectly warm and dry, but still have airflow. But the huge stand out what how absolutely unstressed the birds where. I would not have believed they had come all the way from QLD to Melbourne if I didn't know it. The whole experience seemed to take less out of them than a local auction, within hours they were settled in their new home and looked like they had been there for weeks.
This is the transport your chooks deserve if you either love your chooks or want ensure the healthiest stock when taking in newcomers. Scott will go the extra mile and cares about the birds. For example he took on a number of birds for me from NSW very last minute when they got stuck. The travel brought out a cold in them, which not only has he treated but he did not endanger birds by taking the easy way and transporting them, instead he has taken the responsible approach and therefore given himself more work, by retaining them in his quarantine pens until the next trip if he can be certain they are recovered and no threat to other birds.

I can also highly recommond he's birds having purchased some of his beautiful bantams.

shayne wrote:
Hi All

I also had a very good experience with Scott. The birds arrived in perfect health and all others seemed not to be stressed at all. All the pens were so clean and looked very comfortable. I also we dissapointed to here some people pulled out at last minute and therefore Scott is at a loss on this trip.

I would in future have not hesitation on paying up front so this does not happen to him again.

Shayne

Eggstatic wrote:
Thanks again Scott for the fantastic service!
Would be a repeat customer any time. Fantastic communication well organised, clean roomy compartments for the birds, you can ask for better than that. My 3 Hamburgs are settling in nicely after 5 star trip. I am sorry to hear that some people let you down because you are supply a quality service and one greatly appreciated by most. Hope you had a good trip home.

Cheers

Ingrid

Post subject: PTSEC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:12 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Poutry Pals now has two divisions - the chooks called Poultry Pals and
transport now called PTSEC. PTSEC gives the same good quality transport as Poultry Pals. Only the name has changed. David, still cares for the poultry with frequent stops, water and high protein food on the way. He is friendly and will often go out of his way for you. David Hartwig mentioned in the transport sticky is now called PTSEC .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi All,
Just an update regarding Scott Baldwin - I rang him a day or 2 ago and spoke to him, and he is no longer doing Poultry Transport. He recommended the person who goes by the user name of 'Roosta' on this Backyard Poultry site. Scott said that 'Roosta' is a good Poultry Transporter and operates up and down the east coast states. I have sent 'Roosta' a PM with transport inquiry, but haven't heard back as yet. So just passing on the info that Scott Baldwin no longer does transport, but 'Roosta' may be another option.
Cheers, Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

HI,

I have used Justin of ANI Transport for a delivery to Qld and found him most reasonable in price and reliable in picking up and delivering my birds. :thumbs:

His contact details: ANI_TRANSPORT Justin roosta78@bigpond.com 0438 271343 :addicted:

He makes a run every month, however the route varies, (depending upon demand) and you will need to check with him. Emails are answered promptly (except when driving on deliveries) so try his mobile number as well (he does pull over to answer them!).

Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Neil
near Taree
:hiya:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 pm 

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if chicks/chickens or eggs can be transported to Darwin. We have very little options here and would like to expand my brood :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:27 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

newtochooks80 wrote:
Hi just wondering if anyone knows if chicks/chickens or eggs can be transported to Darwin. We have very little options here and would like to expand my brood :biggrin:

Eggs would be your best bet and they can be express posted to you. Obviously you would need a broody or an incubator to hatch them.

J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:45 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

I used Justin of ANI after another transporter pulled out at the last minute (Victoria to SE QLD). I can't recommend him highly enough, see Neil's post for his contact details.

Dean Rallison
Glasshouse Mountains

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Hi I was wondring if anyone transports chooks from victoria to wagga wagga . your replys would be appreciated thanks Barbs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:13 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi Barbs - contact ANI their run goes that way!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:28 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

I have used a number of transporters over many years and I have found Justin from ANI transport to be the far most reliable and also about the best on price his number is 0438271343 and I believe he has a trip planned in the next couple of days 17th 18th dec

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:48 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Hi
Does anyone know of a transporter who goes to WA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm 

a plug for Justin of Ani - Transport. Great guy, very helpful and turkeys arrived unstressed and in thier own cages. a well set up operation, I would thoroughly recommend Justin.

cheers,
Karen.