Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Lauke Mills Feed - Coonabarabran Rural

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:00 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

This thread is aimed at residents of Coonabarabran and surrounding areas (those who buy feed from Coona Rural).

I have been getting Laucke Mills feeds into Coona rural by the pallet for my flock and wanted to do my bit to try to increase the demand for these feeds in the hope that Bruce will start to stock them on the floor so everyone local has access to them. I am looking for serious expressions of interest so that i can accommodate the needs of others in my next pallet order. At this stage i am not prepared to order anything that i wont use myself just in case people don't show up to buy it so i don't get stuck with it. Here is a link to what they produce (http://www.lauckemills.com.au/images/lauckepoultrybooklet-lores.pdf) and a link to the details of the new No17 Premium Layer Crumble, their latest addition to the range (http://www.lauckemills.com.au/poultry-layer9.html). There are pics of all the feeds so you can see what it looks like if you haven't used it before. Be sure to read the last page on the first link for suggestions of use for the Red Hen range and please note that all the Red Hen feeds are not medicated (my preference).

These are the feeds i am willing to order;

Showbird Breeder MP (very popular among breeders and suited to any sized chicken variety - my silkies and wyandottes both love it)
No17 Premium Layer Crumble (i suspect this is a crumble version of the Showbird Breeder but not sure - keen to try it out)
Red Hen Chick
Red Hen Pullet
Red Hen Meat Bird (higher protein and good for most game birds - i use it to fatten up the cockerels for the pot)
Red Hen Layer (a breeder ration that is a mix of grains and pellets)

I don't have all the prices on hand but to give an indication;

Showbird Breeder MP is $23.50
RH Chick is $24.00
RH Pullet is $21.50
RH Meat Bird is $24.50

I think you will find these are great prices for premium feed.

Normally a pallet lasts me about 8 weeks but if demand increases the next pallet order could be in as early as 6 weeks after this one. Please let me know what you would like me to order for you for a 6-8 week supply so i can work out how many of each all up on the pallet.

I hope to place the order on Monday the 23rd of March so it should be available for pick up on Friday the 27th. I will update the thread as soon as it arrives.

Cheers,

DottesnSilk.

ps: I'm not affiliated with Laucke Mills and don't get any commission or discount for my efforts. I just love their feeds and would like to see them stocked regularly and Coona. Bruce knows this and is doing his best to accommodate me but he needs to see that there is a true demand for the feeds before he will stock it on the floor. Also, for anyone interested, there is still about 10 bags of Red Hen Chick in supply at Coona Rural. Just go in and ask for it if you want to try it.

Shane.

Last edited by DottesnSilk on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:55 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

If I was in your area, I would be putting my hand up. :hiya: I live about 15Kms from Greenock, and about 20Kms from Daveyston. I recommend their mixes. I have read their blurbs on their foods that they produce, and am more enamored with their food for the chookies. Most of their food does not contain medications, which I am pleased with as it worries me a bit about the medicated additives that appears (or not appears) in the ingredients. :yess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Thanks redial03. I read lots of stuff about their feeds on these forums and had to give them a try. 100 or so bags down the track and i have been very happy with the results......the chooks love them too which is a bonus :biggrin: . It's a bit out of character for me to play the sales rep but that's how keen i am to have permanent access to these feeds locally. The fact that i am able to get premium feeds at similar or better prices to the competitor's range is also a bonus. Just gotta get some other locals on the wagon with me now. Cheers.

Shane.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:54 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I run the showbird breeder. Lauke Mills feed is awesome. I used to feed them Red Hen, but the buggers got too fussy, so the micro pellet of the SB improved feed costs dramatically.

& now 8 of the cutest cross bred fluff ball feed hoovers. R.I.P Chilli.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:37 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

I have a local guinea fowl breeder inquiring but i don't have any experience with guinea fowl. Does anyone no if showbird breeder or any of the other feeds offered are suitable? The guide on the Red Hen range says basically the same in the game birds section as the chicken section as far as recommendations go but i thought game birds needed more protein. Would love to recommend a feed regime to her but it's a bit out of my league. Any advice would be appreciated including experiences from other guinea fowl keepers/breeders. Thank you.

Shane.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:05 pm 
Sultry Swan
Sultry Swan

we feed all of our chooks a standard layer crumble. we have many guineafowl and they all go onto it after the grower crumble.

i find that our free range guineafowl get extra protein around here,
by self serve on the bug population. [emoji3]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:56 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

DottesnSilk wrote:
I have a local guinea fowl breeder inquiring but i don't have any experience with guinea fowl. Does anyone no if showbird breeder or any of the other feeds offered are suitable? The guide on the Red Hen range says basically the same in the game birds section as the chicken section as far as recommendations go but i thought game birds needed more protein. Would love to recommend a feed regime to her but it's a bit out of my league. Any advice would be appreciated including experiences from other guinea fowl keepers/breeders. Thank you.

a while ago when I was looking for a suitable feed for my pheasants I rang lauke mills and they told me the showbird breeder mp is the same formula as their gamebird mp and has superseded it. I have guinea fowl freeranging around the place as well and they seem to do well on it. since I changed to it last year my feed consumption has dropped by almost half as they eat it all and there is no flicking any out looking for the tasty bits. even my 6 commercial layers don't waste any, where before there was feed all over the ground under the feeders.
regards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Thanks grabby and brucesjunglefowl for your help.

For those who are interested I have ordered 20 bags of Showbird Breeder MP and 20 bags of No17 Premium Layer Crumble. It should arrive at Coona Rural late this week or early next week.

Cheers.

Shane.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:44 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Awesome, just in time for me to get some more!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:14 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Thanks for your help 4princes. Keep in touch.

Shane.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:19 am 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

For those who are interested, the pallet arrived yesterday. Bruce said freight arrangements are changing so it looks like the price will be going up next pallet.

There is currently 19 bags of the new No17 crumble ($23.50) and 14 bags of showbird ($24.50) in stock plus some leftover Red Hen chick ($24.00) on the last pallet (about 10 bags).

Shane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Just back from buying the last 10 bags off the pallet. New pallet ordered today should be here next week. 26 x Showbird Breeder MP, 13 x No17 Premium Layer Crumble and 13 x Red Hen Layer.

Cheers.

Shane.