Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Poultry Wormer with NO withholding period available...

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:05 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

HAVE YOU WORMED YOUR CHICKENS AND DUCKS LATELY??

New to the backyard poultry keeping market is the only wormer with NO witholding period for their eggs... That's right... you can continue to safely eat your eggs with no concerns about chemical residue. It is the only tried and tested product to be safe in egg producing birds on the market.

Roundworms and capillaria are the most common forms of worms found in poultry and are specifically treated by Allfarms Piperazine Wormer. Other wormers on the market (commonly ending with 'ectin' as the active ingredient) are used in poultry 'off label' and are not recommended in egg producing species.

Allfarms Piperazine Wormer is sold in packs suitable for backyard poultry keeping, in quantities appropriate for 10kg liveweight. This equates to five ISA Browns or similar sized birds, four Australorp/Sussex and other standard sized breeds or ten bantam sized birds.
This wormer is coated onto a highly palatable crumble that contains vitamins, amino acids and trace elements to support gut health and repair damage to their intestines. Using one spoon of medicated feed per 2kg bird weight is all that is needed.
Regular dosing every 8-12 weeks is recommended if birds are kept in a confined area to keep ahead of reinfection.

$11 per pack - Melbourne pickup or posting Australia wide ($10 postage and handling fee with tracking number - can fit two packs into small satchel).
Bulk quantities are available at a discounted rate. Ask us about this special rate...

Orders can be placed by emailing Christine on enquiries@suburbanchooks.com.au or Private Message. An invoice will be sent with payment details and orders posted 24-48 hours after payment received.

Thanks
Christine

Attachments:
Allfarm wormer.jpg
Allfarm wormer.jpg [ 160.72 KiB | Viewed 2156 times ]

Last edited by SuburbanChooks on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 pm 
Golden Swan
Golden Swan

it is not a new drug - was introduced in 1953 - ie 62 years ago! So it has been around a while. As far as i am aware it has been available for use in Poultry for quite a few years - i used it a few years back. As far as I remember it was effective for roundworms but I am not sure what else.

NellyG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:32 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Sorry, I am really not trying to shoot the messenger in the foot, but I agree with Nelly. Piperzine was the first worming product I used for my chooks, many years ago. I prefer a product which covers tapeworm, essential if your birds free range as many of the live forage 'critters' can be hosts for tapeworm.
Levamisole (Sykes BIG L) covers the same worms and has no with holding period for eggs.
The product that you are advertising appears to differ in that it is added to a food carrier. I that case the birds would need to be seperated to ensure that each was able to eat a full dose - so (imo) just as easy to give each a tablet which covers everything and go without their eggs for a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:41 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks for the info Nelly, I am aware it's not a 'new' drug but it is the only one that is safe for human consumption after dosing. Piperazine also treats 'Capillaria' which is a type of round worm that is not expelled or visible to the naked eye in poultry as a worm or an egg. It buries into the gut of the bird and can cause a lot of damage.

Chickens should be tested to see if they have tapeworm as it isn't as widely a problem as chicken keepers think. This can be done by ordering a test kit through us or through a company which does parasite testing. The test looks for and reports back on loading of roundworm, tapeworm and coccidia.
There are no registered products that are authorised for use in poultry due to the serious implications regarding residue in the eggs. If you aren't eating the eggs for a minimum of four weeks after treatment, go for it...

Cheers,
Christine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

When it comes time for worming the girls and boys I always use a product that covers all worms, especially tapeworm.

When you have in excess of 50 birds to worm individually it is quite an arduous and exhaustive task and I can't see the point of going through this for only a selected number of worms... IMO

I don't know about withholding egg consumption for 4 weeks with other products, I certainly don't wait 4 weeks.

I find the birds wont and don't drink worming water so I cant imagine (my) birds eating it either, at least not enough to be of value. I am not sure how you could know that each bird got the right dosage and doing this every 8-12 weeks for a substantial number of birds would be a full time job.

I am sure it will appeal to people who have a select few backyard chooks that still want to have eggs for breakfast every day though.