Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Hova bators explained which to buy & which not to buy

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

My name is Alec from Brookfield Poultry Equipment. We are the Australian official importer distributor for GQF products including Hova Bator incubators. People are getting confused about which to buy, where & why. So lets dispel some myths & incorrect info. USA machines purchased via USA Ebay or middlemen USA dealers, whether 110volt or 220volt, do not meet Australian standards. The machines are not complianced & have no factory warranty when sold to or in countries where they do not comply, which includes opportunists dealers here buying these cheap in the USA & bringing them into Australia & New Zealand to sell. Machines sold by Brookfield Poultry Equipment are wired in Australia specially for Australian compliance & carry the legally required "C" tick label. They also have the benefit of Australian Official Distributor warranty based from within Australia . Our machines now carry an A affix 1622 A, 2387A etc "A" standing for Australian model. We are not permitted to repair or supply for machines that do not comply but will do all we can to help , hope that clears it up .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Thanks for that Alec,

And might I also add you give great customer service and speedy shipping, it works out a lot cheaper and you get things a lot faster (within 3 days of buying) from Brookfield Poultry Equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Out of interest - are there actually any physical differences between the 220V and the Australian model (apart from the compliance) ?

EDIT:
Hmm - hadn't heard of or noticed the c-tick before:

This site: http://www.ferret.com.au/c/Compliance-E ... ts-n666806
explains the c-tick. It is simply certification thet an electrical or electronic product will not emit elecromagnetic radiation in magnitudes or frequencies which will interfere with communications equipment (etc.).

It states that most/all CE certified products are likely to comply.

As far as I can understand, the certification is required for all appliances sold in Australia. However, I cannot see anywhere which says that non-certified devices cannot be used domestically...

I am sure anyone who has lived or travelled OS (as we have) will have a number of non-certified electrical devices at home.

Ben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

chookit wrote:
Thanks for that Alec,

And might I also add you give great customer service and speedy shipping, it works out a lot cheaper and you get things a lot faster (within 3 days of buying) from Brookfield Poultry Equipment.

Yes very helpful and friendly.Got my new bator within a few days :D

Bantam Rosecombs Black
Japanese Bantams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I recently bought a Hovabator from a well known WA seller.

It is a 230V model, and has CE markings, but I cannot find the c-tick. Doesn't concern me, as I am sure the models are 100% identical apart from that.

They told me it has a 1 year warranty.

Ben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Well I bought my Hova Bator from the USA several years ago and it's hatched hundreds of chickens and ducklings for me AND I was also given a warranty of 12months and had a part replaced with no questions asked from the company. I for one am not worried about the little tick or lack of it. For me at the time it was purely the COST that prevented me from buying anything from Australia. At nearly $200 less than what they are selling for here I was pretty happy with it and still am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:57 pm 
Golden Robin
Golden Robin

I also have had mine for several years and it came off ebay from NZ. Before the time of Australian distributors I believe.

Again its hatched hundreds and hundreds of eggs but I did fit a fan (cheaply from an old computer) and it radically favourably changed the performance but since I am in Sydney so much I need to get an autoturner for it.

Alex - pm me the details please

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:20 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Hi Mike,

Just email alec he is pretty quick at answering you can also see the things they sell including the auto turner at

http://www.brookfieldpoultryequipment.com/gallery.html

Hope this helps you a wee bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:31 pm 
darrssy wrote:
Well I bought my Hova Bator from the USA several years ago and it's hatched hundreds of chickens and ducklings for me AND I was also given a warranty of 12months and had a part replaced with no questions asked from the company. I for one am not worried about the little tick or lack of it. For me at the time it was purely the COST that prevented me from buying anything from Australia. At nearly $200 less than what they are selling for here I was pretty happy with it and still am.
Im with Darrssy on this one :wink: If there is money to be saved(and quite a bit)I would still buy from the USA :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:00 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

jdonly1 wrote:
darrssy wrote:
Im with Darrssy on this one :wink: If there is money to be saved(and quite a bit)I would still buy from the USA :lol:

And I'm also a global shopper, the cost difference is just too high to stick to the moral high ground of supporting Australian businesses, especially for a hobby that needs to fit the budget and a product that is so simply & cheaply made; basic foam type incubators. Bought my two hovabators, one fan-forced & one still air plus auto turner just last month & expecting first hatch this Tuesday :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Im pretty sure Hova Bator wouldnt make a crap export version, they value their name too highly.

Raf

See www.bluelacedgold.wordpress.com for details

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:43 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

I agree some things arrive quick from OS, however with currancy conversions and the price of shipping, I prefer to know exactly what I am paying upfront.
I found the prices competative right here in australia, plus I know I have great backup support, so if I do pay a few more dollars, then I think it is worth it, the answer to me is yes.

I did check out the differnt prices and after seeing how much for shipping ect, I thought to myself no thanks I would rather support an australian business, and know that within the same week of purchase I would have it to use.
I was also very impressed when emailing alec if I was unsure of anything that I got a response withing a few hours at the max, unless it was midnight when I emailed. I emailed questions to the US sellers and it took a few days to reply, I wasn't happy with that as I believe customer service should be a priority.

I have now purchase 2 incubators and numourous poultry products of Alec and couldn't be happier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

I have bought 2 hovabators from brookfeild, they are amazing, great to deal with and both times i got my incubator the next day. they are sold at a great price and we have the comfort of knowing the place we got them from is in Aus if anything goes wrong. I would recommend them to anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:56 am 
Quote:
know that within the same week of purchase I would have it to use

I buy stuff from the USA all the time,its here in 5 to 7 days :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

And hey, thats the beauty of the open market, people can choose what they want, and buy it from who they want.

I agree service and local know how make a huge difference. If that is important, then thats what you are paying for. Sometimes I go for price, sometimes for service.

Raf

See www.bluelacedgold.wordpress.com for details