Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - JANOEL–JN8-48 (2011) 48 EGG INCUBATOR WITH AUTOMATIC TURNER

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks ! Tell me one more thing that what will happen if humidity is very high like 69,70,75 or 80 for first 18 days.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:43 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

If the humidity is too high during the whole incubation time, not enough moisture evaporates from the egg. The result is that the airspace is too small at the end and the chick takes up too much area within the egg. This makes it more difficult for them to hatch and in bad cases they will fail to hatch and die in the shell. Other factors like size of shell, age of egg at setting etc can affect whether the hatch is successful also.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thank u so much .

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:08 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi i filled one water tray but still humidity is at 70,71 ,73. How to decrease it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:10 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Humidity will depend on the surface area of the water, the temperature of the air, the air movement and also the humidity of the air in the outside environment as it enters the unit. The incubator cannot lower the humidity. (Actually, the altitude affects humidity as well but that's not generally a problem for any of us.)

When you first fill a tray, a few parts get wet and as things settle you get an temporary boost in humidity. After a few hours it settles to whatever it's going to be.

If the humidity is still too high with only one tray full, try it without any water added and monitor the result.

The reason we try to control the humidity is so that we can control the amount of moisture that evaporates from the egg as it incubates. If not enough evaporation takes place, the chick doesn't hatch successfully. As long as there is some humidity there and it's close enough to the desirable levels things work out fine. I've hatched at higher humidity levels here due to our climate and it can still be successful as long as it's not too high. In my opinion, the temperature is far more critical than the humidity.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:51 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks i will try .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:10 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

So glad someone made a guide that can be understood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:53 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

I wish that I had seen this thread before I bought one of these pieces of rubbish. (:-(((

The "automatic" turner seems to be a toy. Turning is by a supposedly synchronous motor, so turning should just be a simple matter of timing. OK, the 2-hour countdown seems to work, but the actual turning is totally haphazard. Occasionally the eggs are turned, but mostly the turner ends up in a random position. I will set some wake-up calls in my local PABX and try to work out what is going on. My first guess is that the "ON" time for the motor is incorrect but there does not seem to be any way to correct this.
Glen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:17 pm 
Fiesty Fowl
Fiesty Fowl

My first bator was one of these, chinese copy from evilbay, egg turning was ok but temp was all over the place , rarely got a decent hatch, in the end after 5 clutchs died with 5 days to go on clutch :mmaad . :aaargh: .Do yourself a favor and buy a rcom king suro, i did and haven't looked back, great hatch rate , real esay to use and has humidity pump to take the guess work out of it, awsome bator :morebow :thumbs: .