Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - BUYING AN INCUBATOR

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BUYING AN INCUBATOR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:50 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

The sale of,the,one l was buying did not happen so can't help sorry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:44 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

I am trying to decide what incubator to get. Does anyone have a good suggestion? My first try at incubating and would like one that is automatic. Looked at the JANOEL 8-48 and others. Seems most of them come from China and am skeptical of going there. Would rather deal with USA. At least someone that is reliable and honest about the product. I am on a fixed income and price is a factor along with reliability and long use. Easy instruction would be a great help also.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:41 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

very informative :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 am 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Teejay wrote:
I'm VERY new to BYP and i remember reading (before i became a member) a post about the Chinese made JN7-56. I bought one and it's giving very poor results. Strangely, most chicks do well up to pipping time. Any advice?

Anne-Maree wrote:
Westy wrote:
I've brought a janoel 96 hope I'm made the right decision will look around for a theomator that you put inside but gives you the reading outside seen one on a video any body know where l would get one will set it up but not hatching ATM just to make sure it's working as brought second hand on research if it's labeled Janoel does that mean it's not the Chinese one thanks for you ideas most appreciated and always willing to take advice lol sale fell thru he going to keep it :nuts :oops:back to searching

I am new to this incubator thing! I think that my daughter has bought the same 96 Janoel but the instruction are really bad. I am thinking that she has purchased a knock off!

Wondering if you have had any success? Also wondering if you have to change the trays around?

I am a little confused, but trying to work it out!

Anne-Maree :dontknow

Well it is now official, at my place anyway, the Janoel's are just cheap Chinese pieces of junk....this is the third year (and 3 incubators, one is the incubator and one is the hatcher, and both are autos) that do the same thing and it does not matter what I do or what I adjust (am a sparkey by trade) I still cannot get better than at the best 20% hatch rate.....fertility is at about 98% and I hatch at 99% under broodies. :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs :dedhrs

Flogging a dead horse is easier....TIME TO SAVE AND PURCHASE A DECENT INCUBATOR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:12 pm 
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

nf4g, the only incubator brands I think come from USA are Hovabators and sportsman. Having said that, there are a lot of agents in USA for other brands like Brinsea. Selecting a machine is a personal thing, depending on your needs and what you like. A lot like buying a car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Ashy, if you want to buy something good, I've never heard anybody with a Smart complain about it. They are very highly regarded. http://www.smartincubators.com/

If that's too big, Brinsea or Rcom.

The only one of those three I've had is the Rcom and it has worked well. We've had two repairs to do on it, but it hatches well when it's in good order.