Brooder isn't huge as they are in the laundry at the moment, about 1.5m2 give or take. Getting to the point where they need to move out of it, which I am now hesitant to do if they are getting sick. They are on Proteq bedding, and Turkey and Meat Chick starter (medicated). They seem alert, lively, curious, all as you'd expect.
Clean water every day (messy little blighters they are), the only difference with the water than previous chicks I've raised is I would have them on nipple waterers by now, but all of my waterers are in use elsewhere (actually, now I type that, there might be a spare in the shed *note to self - check!).
I'd go to the vet but I've heard a few stories that my local vet isn't good with birds, however you know the nature of rumour and small town gossip. I'll give her a call tomorrow and see if I can have a chat with her to get a feel for her knowledge and confidence levels with birds and decide from there. Not sure of any avian vets around Central Vic, every time I've looked I've not come up with anyone, although admittedly I've not done an in-depth search.
Avian vitamins, that's what I keep forgetting to buy to make sure I've got on hand. I'll pick some up tomorrow. I did use some nutrigel in water for a weak chick last year, but I've never gotten around to get some avian specific vitamins for the first aid box. Another note to self, lol.
I'm mainly worried that I've got something to worry about, I might just be overreacting but I don't want to ignore it and have it get worse. But then again, if it's viral there's not much I can do anyway, other than the vitamins and hope for the best. I know all about that at the moment, I've just had a months long case of viral bronchitis, then a cold, while I still have the remnant cough from the bronchitis, and what's looking like another virus popping up today just for fun, lol.
Ok, plan of attack. Avian vitamins + wait and watch, or avian vitamins + antibiotics from the vet? Decisions decisions!
Thanks for the help!