Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Blr standard wyandotte roo over dlg barnies

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm 
Great Game
Great Game

For curiosity i hatched some eggs from light blue laced red wyandotte roo over my dlg barnies. Some of the barnies ground colour is quite dark. Most of my barnies were on a eb base but some must have been on split base. What i got was 3 blr chicks on eb base and 2 chicks on a split base. Also in bator was golden pheasant eggs and blr standard eggs. Hatched 3 more goldens and 1 splash laced red standard eb base chick..have in different brooder a splash laced red eb,2 blr red eb, black laced red eb and 2 splits, plus a splash silkie. Up the back growing is eb blr and splits and silkies. Total for golden pheasants for the season is 17 strong healthy chicks , this season have had them on game bird starter and haven't had any problems like last year with bent wings and broken legs when they were fed vella chicken starter. Didn't find any california quail eggs this year :dontknow why . Sold some silkie and blr chicks this year :thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am 
Great Game
Great Game

Blr Wyandotte over barnies colouring up nice eb based are nice blr, splits have solid red fronts, 1 cockerel and 4 pullets. Eb splash blr Wyandotte is colouring up a nice pullet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

They should be attractive chooks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 pm 
Great Game
Great Game

Yes they should, are for the layer pen to replace some of the pensioners, will be putting the blr standard wyandotte roo back over them again, the eb ones, the splits will be parted with.