Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Footscray Auction at Bacchus Marsh 9th October Bookings Open

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

OMG lots of people
but i came home with three chookies and they seem happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:50 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

nikki4 wrote:
Taylors Ducks... are you Alicia? I wanted your goslings!!!! ARGH!! LOL

Was great to meet a few faces :thumbs:

Thats Right..You had the pens next to me I think.. I saw the name- but wasnt sure if it was the Nikki from here on BYP. I do know where you may be able to get some closer to your way at the moment if you really want goslings. They really are the most amazing babies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

macl27 wrote:
Another one over.Good day too much chatting as usual.
Picked up a pair of moderns who I was outbid on at Euroa Last week so I am happy.

As far as reserve I think many prices are too low those pekins where worth more than that and when people complained about my reserve on my birds my reply to them if you come to my yard the price is 100 dollars a bird.
People want it for nothing well sorry not in my world. :)

I wasn't having a go at you macl27. like i said, if you can get that much for them good luck to you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:23 pm 
Proud Rooster
Proud Rooster

Macl27
You should know people do not want to pay $100.00 for one duck
to put in the back yard to play with :rofl:

Cheers Stacka :bolt:

http://www.sandgpoultry.webs.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

:bounce: It was a great day. I saw the double pram, took the whole isle. :rofl:

My partner was so happy I didnt bring any more chooks home, cant wait to see his face when the fertile "chook" eggs I brought start to quack :rofl: I didnt tell him though, he just assumed they were chook eggs:shock:

Glad my gander went to a good home, It was a bit sad but two boys were a handful

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:10 pm 

WOW! This was my first auction where there is no auctioneer and I enjoyed myself. It wasn't easy getting about with so many people but managed it ok. Hubby was really good and emptied the trailer out for me, after we worked that night, so I could take it incase I bought something too big for the car :biggrin:

Came home with 3 very beautiful Pekins :thumbs: and some Araucana eggs. Some Silkies for my daughter that she picked out and a Plymouth Rock for hubby :catch: And I bought some brooder boxes so needed the trailer :biggrin:

Oh, almost forgot... and a Guinea Pig! Had to stop in at Ballarat and spent an hour waiting for daughter to buy the World for "Jason" the Guinea Pig.

Congrats to all the people who were involved in running this event :thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 am 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

taylorducks wrote:
nikki4 wrote:
Taylors Ducks... are you Alicia? I wanted your goslings!!!! ARGH!! LOL

Was great to meet a few faces :thumbs:

Thats Right..You had the pens next to me I think.. I saw the name- but wasnt sure if it was the Nikki from here on BYP. I do know where you may be able to get some closer to your way at the moment if you really want goslings. They really are the most amazing babies.

Ahhhh nice to meet you! Sort of! Yes 'twas I lol and I shuda just piped up n said oi r u taylors ducks lol but yes please I would love info on the ones you know about please.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

I sold everything but my "Houdini". The black Hamburgh with blue hamburg parents.

Andy had an offer of $5 after the auction had ended and said no - the same with my Hamburgh mixed eggs - no way - I was already sweating because I really didn't want to sell those blue H eggs,not so soon in the breeding season, but I had listed them on BYP and they were worth much more that the $20 I placed on them. A lovely girl bought 5 of the Silver spangled Hamburgh eggs for $7 and the blues came home to my Smart incubator. :biggrin:

My Belgium D'uccle buff pair made more than expected - and the little pullet left me a present in her nesting box - that is going in the incubator too :D

A fantastic day!!!

And I am so proud of myself - I did not get a bidding card and the only thing we bought was a brooder box.

The money that I received for the chooks is going towards my new hay feeder for the goats - so all - I am veeryyy happy :o

Bluestocking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

We enjoyed ourselves yesterday too! Didn't come home with any birds, as such.. ;) Thanks again RomaRunners for the eggs - I've got the incubator set up and as ready as she gets. Crossing fingers, I'll set them tonight I think! :bounce:

Came home with a huge barrel for food storage. DH wanted to take two, but we only brought the hatchback, so room was an issue. They're SO BIG! Really wanted one of those brooder boxes (what good value!!) but no room for that either. Oh well, next time! ;)

DH went into a bidding war over some Houdan eggs, but didn't win (phew? :bolt: ), and I didn't win any of the RIR or Araucana eggs I bid on. I'm just too cheap! :oops:

Only trouble we found was that we couldn't make out a word the PA system was trying to say. Oh and a small sneezing fit brought about by the dust in that other room. Far too many people shuffling around on a dirt floor with little ventilation. Eek! I don't know how that many people got in there. I thought it was crowded last year! :shock: Still, was good to see friendly faces among the crowd. :mrgreen:

It's a great auction though, I think we've got the bug to incubate again.. :yipee:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Good to see my feed barrels going to a good home.

Money raised from the auction is hopefully going to be used to make improvements on the pavillion like concreting the last shed, some ceiling fans to improve ventilation and the like,

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 am 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

That'll be awesome, Ron. Looking forward to the next auction as always! :thumbs:
Oh, but next time I'll have to make a treadle feeder and bring it to sell. Mine work so well, I bet other people would like them too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 pm 
Club Official

rotten_66 wrote:
Money raised from the auction is hopefully going to be used to make improvements on the pavillion like concreting the last shed, some ceiling fans to improve ventilation and the like,

Ron

:hiya:
As Ron stated, funds raised at our auctions, through our supporters and members' much appreciated input, goes back into pavilion development to improve every one's enjoyment of our "Chookie Events". As all works carried out are on a volunteer only basis, not only funds, donation of items, but time must be considered. Thanks every-one for helping us achieve as much as we have.

Had over three hundred registered buyers. Keeps growing. Hope next auction is even better. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

Quote:
That'll be awesome, Ron. Looking forward to the next auction as always!
Oh, but next time I'll have to make a treadle feeder and bring it to sell. Mine work so well, I bet other people would like them too.

Yes please......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:54 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

I bought a dozen mixed slw and glw eggs from shell20_7, which are now happily ensconced under my Australorp broody.

This is the first time that I have had Wyandottes, so I am thrilled.

Thanks Michelle

Sharyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:14 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

One thing we did forget this time was to put out the board for BYP members to sign - I think we must have hit a record number of members attending this time from those of you posting here both before and after the sale. I will have to make sure it gets put up again next time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next