Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Footscray Auction at Bacchus Marsh 9th October Bookings Open

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

jp wrote:
donation of items,

what stuff do you guys need?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 pm 
Champion Bird
Champion Bird

Goodluck with your eggies Sharyn! Hopefully you will have some little fluffies running around in a few weeks. It was good to meet you too. :D

I'm actually glad to hear there was no name board, I was kicking myself on the way home thinking I missed it! I met a few BYP members for the first time.. as well as catching up with others I have met previously. I had a chat to Bluestocking in the line to the sellers desk, and later realised I had been given my bidding number by Jelena. Cattaby was also in a fierce bidding war for one of my pens, so I met her as well. It's so funny putting faces to people on here, generally I have had a completely different idea on what they are like!

Oh and Taylorducks, your goslings were just adorable! The little cherubs had their chests sticking through the wire, trying to get as many pats as possible. I am not a fan of geese, but these guys had me tempted to bid! One of the ducks in the pen beside them was a character.. it stuck it's head through the wire and had a nibble on my hair! :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

Quote:

I do my bit with the sale of the brooder boxes and nesting boxes, I also made some keyrings and badges that were on sale at the showgrounds during the Melbourne Royal.

Every little bit helps- and it allows me an outlet for some creativity as well as recycling the wooden boxes. We also had a very kind donation about a year ago including a standards book some brooders, books and various poultry equipment. Most things chook related could be used by the club, books can be made available for club members to read as well.

shell20_7

Hand raising ducklings and goslings is such a wonderful thing. They really do have incredible personality, and so good at manipulating a pat from anyone they can. Such little attention seekers !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:14 pm 
Club Official

JPete wrote:
jp wrote:
donation of items,

Hi jpete.

By "donation of items" I was also referring to just about all of our furnishings, cabinets, BBQ's, some building materials, kindly donated by members.
When we started out in 2004 the Pavilion was just an empty rusted, leaky roofed shed with only a sloped uneven dirt floor. No kitchen, lounge and penned areas as you see today.
As Ron said we are intending to cement the floor in the section near parking and build steel framed bases for roll away pens. We have recently commenced extending the BBQ area end of shed to facilitate more exits/entrances and storage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:54 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Cool. You have done a great job...i like the dirt floor...it is a poultry auction afterall :)

You will be building a shed extension in the future...looked pretty popular at weekend.

Could you ask sellers to write the type of bird on every card...even though not bidding it's interesting to know whats on display :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

hello when is next auction?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:51 pm 
Prime Pekin
Prime Pekin

mrscibbo the next auction is Sunday 26th February 2012.

Im sure a new thread will be started soon and bookings will open for the sale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9