Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - Bendigo Poultry Auction Saturday 5th of April

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm 
Dapper Duck
Dapper Duck

The Huntly/Epsom Lions Club Inc wish to advise that their poultry auction is on next Saturday the 5th of April.
Further info in Poultry Auctions list. (No birds are to be brought in on the Friday night)
Any questions Ph. 54487045

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:36 pm 
Golden Pekin
Golden Pekin

Calendar entry updated. Hope the auction goes really well :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am 

I will be taking the following:

-Plymouth crosses
-pure bred Plymouth dark barred females and males
-Muscovies ducks and drakes (black and white)
-white Wyandotte bantams (MacDonald bloodline)
-turkey males

Call me on 0457 552 986 for more information

Auction is at the livestock yards in HUNTLY EPSOM VICTORIA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 pm 

Waste of time travelled over an hour to get there.All pens full by 6am. People filled them that night, shed i was told was half full by midnight. Birds were all poor quality. The whole event poorly run!! Had to wait two and a half hours to book them in.
Will not be back!! Dont waste your time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

chookhaven wrote:
Waste of time travelled over an hour to get there.All pens full by 6am. People filled them that night, shed i was told was half full by midnight. Birds were all poor quality. The whole event poorly run!! Had to wait two and a half hours to book them in.
Will not be back!! Dont waste your time.

so not a whole lot has changed?
they have reverted to their old ways after being reported to RSPCA and various other agencies/people.
what a disappointment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 am 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

chookhaven
as stated at the entrance to the shed no birds are to be penned before Saturday morning.
do you have any first hand knowledge of the fact that the shed was half full by midnight??
because i was in attendance by early Saturday morning and your statement is false AND misleading
as there was possibly only two rows of fowl entered at that time.
The standard of fowl was as usual what you would expect at a clearance of excess birds sale, which mainly consists of excess males. As usual there was also some quality birds available if you spent time assessing them .
I traveled the four and a half hours from the HOLBROOK area in southern NSW to attend this sale to enter and buy birds and have no complaints .
If you penned birds at 6am ,naturally you would have to wait 2 hours to book in as VOLUNTEERS DO NOT arrive before 8 am. Pacience is required when dealing with the numbers of vendors and birds at this sale.
Truth be known my birds were not booked in until 9.15 am, was i upset or dissatified, NO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I know nothing about this auction but it is very easy for good auctions to be reported to the RSPCA if that happened. All that's required is some disgruntled attendees and every sale results in a few for some reason or another. If there are genuine complaints, it would be far better to take them to the organisers privately, than to post them in a public forum. There is always a review after auctions where the organisers think about what went well and what could be improved for next time. Many things go well but there are always a few things that could be improved. That's life with committees and events of this nature.

Just as a general comment, so many poultry club auctions are closing for one reason or another, whether there aren't enough volunteer workers, the Council restrictions are having an impact or other changes are making things difficult. It's really worthwhile taking a constructive approach and helping to keep these auctions alive and functioning for the poultry folk of the region.

Feather Clubs Association of Qld

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

If what you say is true Snowman,chookhaven needs to be taken to task, by what,he/ she has stated. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:58 pm 
Showy Hen
Showy Hen

Macar
really looking forward to this discussion with chookhaven in a private area on this forum ,as rubbishing a public auction on hearsay in a public forum is wrong ,if required can produce 4 statutory declarations to verify my claims.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 pm 
Assist Admin
Assist Admin

Thanks all, a private discussion would be a good place to start. As this auction is now finished I will lock the thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]