Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - KYNETON & DIST. POULTRY CLUB HELMSMAN AUCTION 2/4/2017

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:41 pm 
Club Official

Thank you "frustrated farm girl" for your kind words and we hope everyone had a good time.

I would like to apologise for the incorrect finishing time I posted on "Noticeboard' in the last couple posts and I hope that it did not inconvenience anyone too much.

I will pay more attention next time

It appeared to be a great day and I will add some details later.

Regards Ian B

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm 
Club Official

Hi All,
The Kyneton club would like to thank all who came to our auction on Sunday.
The weather stayed fine and, although a little cool early, improved as the day progressed to be a good chook trading day.
We had a great response with 178 registered bidders and 33 individual sellers along with a large number of family and interested spectators.
Prices were good overall. One pen realised over $200.00, four made over $150.00 and twenty two topped the $100.00 mark.
Out of the 418 pens 120 were passed in but prices for the remainder were satisfactory.
On the whole I would say it was a good day for buyers and sellers
The club appreciates the amount of cooperation and assistance we receive from buyers and sellers which help our sales go so well.
We are indeed fortunate to have such a large number of club members who are prepared to do what is needed to make things happen. There is quite a lot to be done in preparing the shed in the lead up to the sale, setting up in the morning and doing what is necessary during the day and the club thanks you all very much.
A Special thank you to Carmen, a young club member, who worked all day with Robert on the sausage sizzle and greeted everyone with a smile.
I hope those who came enjoyed the activity and will be there for the next auction on Sunday 2/7/17.
Regards Ian B

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:41 pm 
Club Official

Hi All,
Just a note to wrap up the sale.
I was reminded that a large number of the pen lots not actually sold during the auction were sold by negotiation afterwards.
Our next sale is July the Second 2017 and we look forward to your company then.

Regards Ian B