Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - 56 egg incubator on ebay

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 56 egg incubator on ebay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:41 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

Hi People,

I occasionally go no eBay so see what is on offer is this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/56-Egg-Incubator-Automatic-Digital-LED-Turning-Chicken-Duck-Eggs-Poultry-/151126528751?hash=item232fd7d2ef:g:b~kAAOSwFqJWjiQq an Rcom 50 knock off?

it seems unlikely to be a comparable product and clearly how well it works and how long it lasts will not really be known until they are in use.

Has anybody seen this incubator in real life?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 am 

Just took a look, looks extremely fancy and hi tech! I bought a Janoel 8-48 with the see thru clear base perfect for watching hatching. Happy with mine but this one looks pretty spiffy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:29 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

I came across this incubator a little while ago on aliexpress/alibaba, interesting to see it's now on ebay as it wasn't at the time. I was looking at a feature of the 'upgraded' model, the egg tray has a built in candler which I thought was interesting. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8037749&hilit=built+in+egg+candler

I haven't found any reviews for the incubator yet, although seeing as though they have sold a few now, hopefully someone will do one. All I have been able to discern from some Russian feedback is that the lid doesn't fit flush - there are small 3-5mm gaps around the edges, and that the plastic mesh tray is too big. That is par for the course with a lot of incubators though which is why people put down something over the top at lockdown. However, the way the incubator is designed means there are large gaps around the edges too.

I'm not sure the fan and the sensors being at the bottom are ideal either. I can't comment on the actual effectiveness of it (it may well be better than the ones built into the lid but I don't know), but from the point of view that that is where the water channels are, there may be problems during refilling or accidental spillage.

If I had money to waste I'd buy one purely to have a play with it, the egg candler version looks interesting. What I am going to do is DIY kludge my own version of the light up egg tray and see how effective it actually is, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:48 pm 
Gallant Game
Gallant Game

looking at the link in the post it seems you found this incubator about 6 weeks before me

I have had little experience with those with the yellow lid and all the electronics in the lid.

However issues seem to be that the egg turning motor can become unplugged when the lid is removed.

Also the temperature seems to be uneven.

Certainly this design it would appear easy to remove eggs for candling and also to move them.

Having the fan in the bottom may be an issue if the incubator was overfilled with water it seems likely that cleaning may not be as straight forward

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:44 am 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

They have sold quite a few now so I hope someone comes out with a review for them. It would be interesting to see them in action.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:35 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Also it is a tilting egg not a turning, don't always get the best results with tilting.

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 pm 
Junior Champion Bird
Junior Champion Bird

rotten_66 wrote:
Also it is a tilting egg not a turning, don't always get the best results with tilting.

I hadn't really thought about that. How much difference is there and how can you tell? I haven't seen many but most seem relatively similar to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

My Janoels and my Suros both tilt (thru about 90+degrees). I think it is adequate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi all, I see this is an old post, but after looking for reviews on the incubator and finding nothing I'd let everyone know how I'm traveling with my incubator I bought the 56egg see-through lid automatic egg turner one off eBay.. so I'm on Day 21 and no eggs have hatched.. pretty disappointed to say the least.. the first thing I noticed when I got it in the mail was the lid didn't seal properly.. so I have to place a heavy book on the top on the lid to weigh it down(defeats the whole point of have a lid you can see through), and the drama I'm having now is trying to get the humidity to honour to 70% the water channels are full up and it's only on 55% I had overfilled them yesterday by accident as it's so difficult to see into where the channels are and so there was water laying next to the fan and wires on the bottom[emoji51] not ideal..
so Far the temperature has been good.. just the humidity reader I'm not completely convinced is correct.. as the lid is almost completely fogged up.. I find it hard to believe it's 55%humidity in their [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am 
Old Mother Goose
Old Mother Goose

Thanks for the feedback

If the lid is fogged up there is plenty of humidity. Exact humidity is less critical than accurate temperature.
I don't like the sound of fan and wires near the water channels - is it compliant with Australian safety requirements?
Have you dbl checked temp with another good quality thermometer? Did you candle the eggs?